Like a Meteor (Reader!Hunter x Winchester Brothers)

[A/N: You are a hunter targetting a vampire in a night club.]

The club was obnoxiously loud and full of people, not to mention dark and stuffy. The various light effects that came on every time the DJ dropped the beat made you strain your eyes and internally groan with frustration. You were there on a hunt and this environment was making it hard for you to seek out your target. Having figured out that the string of murders caused in town was made by a vampire, further investigation showed that the victims all had one thing in common: they were all last seen at Club Meteor before they went missing.

You stood by the bar and tried to seek out any odd behaviour, anyone who fit the description. According to eye witnesses who saw the victims leave, this vampire was a tall dark haired male with a tattoo on his arm. But either he was not here yet or you just couldn't see him thanks to the lack of light. You ordered a margerita and slowly sipped at it from your spot, when you saw two exceptionally tall men enter the club. They seemed to have been brunets and your eyes stayed on them as they wandered in. They headed to the bar and seated themselves.

They were tall and well-built, brown haired and wearing short sleeved shirts. But you couldn't tell if they had tattoos. Usually you tried to stay away from making direct contact with the things you hunted, but perhaps you could use this to your advantage--if, of course, one of them happened to be the vampire. And if they're both vampires then you would get a heads up and make a better plan. Because as of right now you literally just wanted to go in, kill this guy as fast as possible, and leave.

You took in a deep breath and decided to walk over to them and 'strike up a conversation'. You slid yourself in between them and pretended to try and order a drink, purposely failing to grab the attention of the bartender.

As if on cue, the shorter one of the two turned to you and leaned in, "Pretty hard to get a drink around here, ain't it?" he said.

You look up at him and give him a smile, "Yeah!" you say over the loud music. You turn back to the bar, catching a glimpse of his arms since he was wearing a regular short-sleeved shirt. You couldn't spot a tattoo. But you couldn't be too sure in this dim lighting. Once more you try to catch the attention of the bartender and this time the taller of the two men came to your aid.

"Hey, excuse me!" he said loudly, leaning over the counter and reaching over to actually touch the bartender briefly on his shoulder. He turned around and the man pointed towards you. You ordered another mango margarita and turned back around.

"Thank you!" you yell, tilting your head back to look up at him. He leaned down towards you with a small smile. Damn, he is tall, you thought to yourself. Your eyes wandered down to his arms and to your dismay, you didn't see a tattoo anywhere either. This was proving to be a little more difficult than you though, unless...

Before your mind could come up with a proper plan on how to successfully flirt with them in order to lift up their sleeves, you noticed another tall figure across the room. You turn around and see a tall, dark haired male embracing a drunked female against a wall. You did not see them before and wondered when they came in and from where. You observed them for a few seconds and your eyes spotted a tattoo on the male's arm.

Bingo.

You tensed up as your gaze on your target intensified, and instinctively you placed your hand by your side, where you had hidden a wooden stake as well as a dagger. You were about to take a step when the bartender's voice came from behind, "Here you go, that'll be five bucks, lady." You stopped and looked at him over your shoulder, "Uh, I..." You never really wanted another drink to begin with.

"Hey, I'll take care of that," the shorter brunette said as he laid down a five and gave you a wink. You smiled up at him, but your smile quickly faded when you turned back and saw that the tall man and the woman were no longer at the spot against the wall. Your eyes scored through every corner of the room and your heart raced: they were nowhere in sight.