Selling My Soul to His Royal Nerdiness. (10)

Okay. So I was going to do another chapter nine, except in Noah's POV, but where's the fun in that? Our Noah gets a chapter, just so that it would have the same action? I don't think so! He's my baby and therefore he gets more than a simple redo.

So here's an entire chapter of just Noah being Noah and his thoughts on the situation. I may have told you this earlier, but I am a serious comment-addict. And the commetns from the last chapter are still flowing in, much to my delight.

Enjoy! It's sort of a filler but answers your questions and some others. It's also kind of bittersweet too.

Picture of Kolbie on the side --->

*

Noah Richards

“Get up.” 

A voice that I had come to know well these past few days broke the utter silence that claimed my bedroom.

Kolbie Taylor, the youngest member of the Taylor household, walked around my bed. I continued staring up at the blurred white ceiling, unblinking. Her disapproving gaze burned.

“Men don’t sulk, Noah,” she informed me, her voice light but forceful. “I would have thought that some time with Anna would have knocked that out of you by now.”

“I’m not sulking,” I said.

I was, in fact, sulking. Normally I would have buried myself in the pile of library books that were on my dresser, but I couldn’t see clearly. My glasses poked me in the leg, another reminder of the day before yesterday.

Anna had obviously been agitated, but I’d had no idea why and I was horrible at cheering people up. Especially girls.

They were just so complicated. I’d hated my old life, the one before I’d found out that I was a prince. I’d been just another loser trying to get through high school as fast as possible. Girls had looked at me in disdain--contrary to popular belief, the nerds did not get all of the girls.

And then, this. Finding out that I was a royal. My grand-mere’s sudden death. Strangers attempting to assassinate me.

I wanted to leave it. All of it.

If I could barely comfort myself, how could I help Anna?

But I tried. And, as Chance would say, “epically failed.” Now my glasses were broken, I couldn’t see, and I had this dull ache in my chest that wouldn’t go away.

“Isn’t it a bit early in the morning for you?” I finally turned my head, squinting as I tried to make out Kolbie’s expression. I could make out a mop of blonde and large brown eyes. Kolbie was beautiful, there was no denying it. She’d have the entire male race at her heels in a few years.

“You bet it is.”

“You sound cheery. Why do you sound cheery?”

“Because.” The bed sank a little as she sat delicately on the edge, hands folded in her lap. “We have an appointment.”

“An appointment?” I echoed. “Where?”

She ignored the question. “Do you have Harrison’s number?”

“Of course.”

“Give it to me. We have a lot to do, and I’m going to need his help if we’re going to do it.”

“His card should be on the desk over there. Why?”

“We’re going to help you Noah, Macey and I,” Kolbie said in a soothing voice. She stood, walking over to the oak desk. I followed her with my eyes. A bad feeling began to well inside of me.

“Help me?” I asked cautiously. “Help me how?”