Selling My Soul to His Royal Nerdiness. (13)

Anna Taylor

He looked completely different. His hair had been clipped and dyed darker, with a fringe just at the front. He wasn’t wearing glasses, but he wasn’t stumbling around blindly either.

He was wearing contacts.

I felt a shot of indignation run through me. How could he agree to that so quickly? I was supposed to force him into them and compliment him when he--when he--

I could not believe this. I was upset! About not being able to make Noah over! I was such a selfish person!

I slowly made my way over to them, pasting a smile on my face. Kolbie squealed and grabbed my hand, drawing me into their little group.

“Did you speak to Silas today?” she demanded.

“Um...no.” I worried my lip. “I actually just woke up.”

“Oh.” Macey and Kolbie looked crestfallen. The gaze in the side of my head burned. I blushed a little.

Macey’s green eyes turned mischievous. She looked at Kolbie, grinning cheekily. “Come on, Kolbs. Let’s go give these two some alone time.”

And they walked away arm in arm, with them both throwing synchronized winks over their shoulders.

Creepy.

“Anna?”

I finally looked at him, struggling to keep my voice steady. Even if he was heartbreakingly gorgeous.

“Did West insult you or something?” I demanded immediately, seeing his expression.

“No.” He looked slightly disappointed and sad, but I had no idea why.”It’s nothing.”

“Well...” I fumbled for something to say to him. “What’s wrong?”

“You don’t have anything to say to me?”

“Um...sorry?”

“Sorry?” His expression went from slightly irritated to bewildered. “Why are you apologizing?”

“I don’t know!” I exploded. “Usually that’s what people expect me to say to them!”

He actually face palmed, shaking his head slowly. “Unbelievable...” he muttered.

“What?” I asked, indignantly putting my hands on my hips.

“You seriously don’t know what I’m asking?”

“No!”

“You re the most oblivious--”

“Think fast, be quick!”

A football sailed through the air and clocked Noah in the head. Hard. He slumped suddenly and I let out a small scream as I jumped forward to catch him. I staggered under the dead weight and kind of, well, maybe...dropped him. His head lolled to the side. I fell to my knees, gasping.

“Noah!” I exclaimed. “Oh my GOD. KOLBIE!”

“Sorry! I gave him a warning!” My sister was there, leaning over him with Chance, West, and Macey on her heels.

I brushed Noah’s hair out of his eyes, glaring at guilty-looking Kolbie. Kid had an arm. She should’ve known better than to randomly throw a ball at nerdy Noah.

“Oh my God. I killed him. I killed the crown prince of Bamencia. I’m going to jail, and I’ll have to eat bread and water and orange is not my color and--”

“Kolbie,” West said patiently, “he’s still breathing. You’re such a moron.”

“Flip him over! We've got to check out that bump!” Macey yelled, even though we--with the exception of the still-hysterical Carter--were all there.

“Why don’t you give him mouth to mouth, sis? I’m sure he’ll enjoy that.” Chance nudged me, grinning good-naturedly.

“Why don’t you take that little piece of advice and shove it--”

Noah groaned. I gasped again, grinning. “You’re awake! Are you okay?”

He mumbled something incoherently. Some words that I couldn’t understand. But he was looking at me, which was a good sign. His brown eyes drifted shut and I pinched his cheek. “Oh, no you don’t. If you have a concussion you need to stay awake. Chance?”

I looked at my brother. We did this awesome twin telepathy thing, then he sighed, grabbing Noah like a rag doll and slinging him over his shoulder. “Your room?” He asked, rising. Noah groaned again.

“Right.”

*

Okay, so, somewhat late upload! This was a filler, the best I could do before THE BIG ONE. The one where you find out about Anna’s “car/boy thing”, the movie premiere, where Will FINALLY comes in, and where you lovely peeps get to find out what happened to Will and Jamie’s relationship. It will be long, and glorious, and I’m GOING TO BED. The more you comment, the sooner the upload. Twenty comments or more and I’ll have it up in at least two days!