Chapter 4

Dippers POV

It was morning now. I woke up only to find Elise gone from next to me. I panicked that bill had got her. Her story had scared me badly. I heard some noises coming from outside the cave.

Hoping it was safe out there I peeked through the curtain of vines hanging over the cave. I saw Elise sitting out there under one of the pine trees making a daisy chain. Phew, I stepped out of the cover of the cave and went over to Elise

" morning she called to me with a smile as she spotted me. I said the same to her and sat down next to her. We sat there for a while with her telling me about the forest and the different creatures that lived there.

Elise stood up and started to head back to the cave while I stayed under the pine tree. She came back out a few minutes later wearing her forest green shoulder bag and carrying an empty water bottle. She walked over to the stream and filled the bottle. "I'm going to collect some more food. Do you wanna come?" She asked me. I got up to come with her. When I came over she handed me a navy blue shoulder bag like hers. Inside of it was a water bottle and a horn.

" the horn is for emergencies" she told me. I put the bag over my shoulder and began to canter into the woods with her. I was nervous about the hunter so I made sure to stay as close as possible to her so I would be safe.

We reached a small area deep into the forest that was filled with berry bushes, fruit trees and nuts. We both began to fill our bags with, apples, blueberries, strawberries and black berries. As we were filling the bags we would stop to have a roll in the grass every little while. This grass was really soft.

As we were having fun rolling in the grass and playing we heard a snap and and a cry of pain.

- hahaha cliffhanger. What will happen next? I will try to update again today otherwise definitely tomorrow.
Bye