Chapter 14

Dippers pov
I was on my way over to the lake to meet Mabel and mermando today. Hopefully they would have a way to help me save Elise. I began to hear pannicked chirping noises from somewhere nearby. Deciding to see what it was I changed direction and began to walk through the trees towards the sound. Peering through the trees I saw a small bluebird. She had her wing snared in a wire trap. She looked at me, clearly begging for my help

This trap had most likely been se by bill and I couldn't just leave the poor, innocent bird to end up in his clutches as he would most likely kill her. Carefully walking up to the creature, I tried to soothe her so she would stay still to let me free her. Once I had got the bird out of the trap I inspected her wounds.

Her wing seemed to be broken so she wouldn't be able to fly for a while or ever if her wing didnt get fixed. Carefully I placed her down on the ground in a pile of leaves and began to do what Elise had done to fix he squirrel she had saved. I searched through the piles of undergrowth on the forest floor for a suitable stick that would be able to serve as a splint. Finally I found one and began to gather vines to tie the splint in place.

Once I had the materials gathered I returned to where I had left the little bluebird sitting. She was attempting to fly and was startled when she heard me coming. " hey it's ok. I'm not going to hurt you" I said to her as kindly as possible. When she recognised who I was she came over to me happily chirping.

I fixed the splint onto her wing and began to tie the last knot in place. Knowing she wouldn't survive out here in her current state I carefully placed the tiny bird onto my back. She sat there chirping happily" I think I'll call you rose" I said to her smiling.

Hi guys
Hope you enjoyed this. It was really just a filler chapter cause I'm kinda stuck on what I wanna make happen next. I have a basic idea but I'm not really sure how to piece it all together yet. I will try and work it out soon so I will be able to post again this weekend in dippers pov otherwise I will just write about Elise. Thanks again
Bye