Prologue

.:Author's Note:.

Liam at the top.

***

Liam's POV:

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb..."

"What a stupid lamb,"

"What a sick, masochistic lion."

"Liam! Will you please pause your movie and come help your father and I finish packing?" My mother's voice sounded from upstairs. I sighed quietly as it broke the spell I was under and forced me to pause Twilight on the T.V. That was currently and would always be, my favorite movie ever. I decided to take the DVD out of the DVD player and put it into its rightful case before heading upstairs. It's not like I was going to be able to finish watching it today.

"It's about time you got up here to help." My mother said teasingly as she came over to kiss my forehead. I smiled shyly as I took the medium sized box from her hand. She smiled gratefully before returning to the attic to finish packing. I looked at the opened box in my hands to see that it was full of pictures. The picture on top was in a frame and it was of me when I first shifted. I smiled a little as I recalled that day so perfectly.

Ma and Papa had taken me to the park one day when they were both off from work. I wasn't very fond of people, and they had decided to take me to a deserted park instead of the normal ones full of people. I was only five, and my shift was supposed to happen any day now. In the middle of playing tag with Papa, I felt it happening. My parents helped soothe me and guide me through my shift, despite the pain I was in. When my shifting was complete, I was a little lamb.

Both my parents made sure that I had shifted properly before shifting into their own sheep. They licked my ears, nose, legs, and any other place their tongues could reach, encouraging me to stand. I was a little wobbly at first, but before I knew it, I was running and jumping around the grassy park.

"Oh! Liam, you're still standing there." Ma's voice took me from memory lane. I didn't even realize that I had been standing by the attic's stairs for so long. I shook my head, rustling my platinum blonde hair in the process. I peered my blue eyes up at my mother who was looking at me in worry.

"Are you still nervous about the move?" She asked as she set the box she was holding aside. She took a seat on the steps and patted the empty space next to her. I put my box down also before moving to sit beside her. She moved her long blonde hair to one side so that I was able to lay my head on her shoulder.

"It's not the moving I'm worried about." I told her with a soft sigh. I was a very soft spoken person. My voice never passed a certain noise level. To some people, it sounded like I was whispering.

"Then what is it, my little lamb?" She asked, using the nickname that brought me so much comfort. It was no secret that I was a momma's boy.

"It's the people. Going to a new school for my senior year is going to be hard. Not only will there be more work, but there's gonna be more people, and you know I don't really do well with people."

I was cautious of everyone and everything, except my parents. If someone looked at me for too long, I would automatically think that they were after me. It was mostly predator shifters that looked at me for too long anyway, so I knew they were after me. I was "yummy" as this guy once put it. It didn't help that I was small also, only reaching a height of five feet.

"You know I would never put you in harm's way, my little lamb. I did some research on the place that we're moving to. Unfortunately, there are more predators than what we're used to, but the people in the area are lovely. The school has a strict no bullying rule, and if there is even an accusation of bullying occurring, the person is suspended almost immediately. Everyone treats everyone with respect. You will not be harmed." Ma easily convinced me.

I should've known that she would always look out for me. I smiled while giving her a quick hug.

"Thanks, my little lamb." I told her teasingly. Ma giggled before hugging me back.

"You're very welcome, my little lamb." She replied before standing up. "Now, let's finish packing."

***

I had to give credit to my parents; they sure knew how to pick a house. I was a little skeptical about anything nice being in the town of Grave Town, but the house was actually decent, along with all the other houses on Coffin Ave. The person, or people, that named this place had to be pretty dark.

The car door slammed behind me as I lugged my suitcase up the driveway of my small family's home. It was a white, moderately sized, two-story house with gray roofing. Glancing up, I realized that there was a part of the roof where someone could get to through their window and just relax. I immediately called dibs on that room.

I climbed the two steps to the front door and quickly opened it with the key Ma had given me earlier. The door barely made a sound as I pushed it open before stepping into the house. The foyer, along with the rest of the first floor, was dark wood that contrasted nicely with the white walls.  The living room, dining room, and entrance to the kitchen were all visible from the foyer so I could see that they all had the same design.

I dropped my suitcase before heading up the stairs in the foyer. The hall of the second floor was dark wood just like all of downstairs. There were three bedrooms, a bathroom, a hallway closet, and space for the attic stairs to come down. I found the room that had the window leading to the roof and smiled at the bare interior. It had burgundy carpet and cream-colored walls. Immediately, I started mapping out how my room would look. Once I was done, I ran back downstairs to help my parents unload the moving truck.

"How are you liking the house?" Papa asked once I was at the bottom of the steps. I grinned as I looked into his brown eyes.

"I-I love it." I said shyly as a blush ran to my cheeks. I wasn't really sure why I stuttered and blushed at random times, but Ma said it was cute so I didn't bother to control it. My dad tilted his head to the side as he raised an eyebrow at me. My blush darkened as I began wringing my hands. The urge to bite my nails hit me tenfold, and without a second thought, I dug them into my palms.

"Okay. Well, your mother is waiting for you by the truck. I'm going to ring up my boss and let him know that we arrived in Grave Town safely." He finally said before walking away. I sighed in relief before exiting the house.

"Hi, my little lamb! Do you like the house? The pictures online looked promising." Ma said as she ruffled my hair. I scratched the back of my neck as I nodded.

"Yeah, t-the house is nice, Ma. I actually claimed a room for myself." I told her as I looked at her shoes. She wore some nice shoes.

"Oh really? I'm guessing it's the one that has a window that leads to the roof?" She asked cheekily, causing my fingers to tap against the side of my thighs rhythmically.

"Y-yeah."

"I figured. It just screams 'my little lamb.' Now, let's unpack."

I nodded with a small grin as she opened the back door of the moving truck. With a small sigh, I took out the first box.

The move didn't seem so bad.