Chapter 32 (M)

Liam's POV:

The party was in full swing.

I couldn't believe it. For the first time in my eighteen years of life, I was having a party. Before, my birthday was a small celebration where Ma made yummy food, Papa gave me presents, and we'd eat cake at the end of the day. But now, I had a mate, friends, and a puppy to spend the day with in addition to my parents. Life couldn't get any better.

"Just sign here, here, and here." Bailey said, and I put my signature down on each line that she pointed to. Once I was done, she folded up the adoption forms and smiled brightly at me. "Congratulations, Liam. Maximilian is officially yours."

There was a round of applause as Maxie yipped excitedly at my feet. Laughing as I picked him up, I turned to face everyone before holding Maxie up like he was Simba from The Lion King.

"It's time for your other presents, love." Blakey said as he led me over to the single seater sofa. I blushed as I thought of the other present he was referring to. However, the thought vanished as Dimi and Maddy presented me with a wrapped box. Setting Maxie down on the floor, I smiled gratefully at the two.

"Not everyone had to get me presents." I mumbled although I was feeling very appreciative.

"Trust me, little man. You're going to need this present." Dimi winked while Maddy giggled behind her hand. I raised an eyebrow as I slowly unwrapped the box before lifting off the top. When I caught sight of what was inside, my eyes widened and my face melted as I quickly covered it back. Giving a mock glare to the two lions, I placed the box behind me in hopes that no one would ask what was inside.

"What's in the box, love?"

Grr! Curse my mate and his intuition to make me blush.

"N-nothing!" I said unconvincingly, making my mate raise an eyebrow at me. I could practically feel the spanking I was going to get. "Okay... They got me condoms and lubrication." I whispered, causing Blake to burst into a loud round of laughter. Thankfully, no one else questioned their present.

The gift giving continued pretty much like that. Dr. Madison, also known as Theodore, gave me things I would need for Maxie like a collar, a leash, doggy bowls, and pee mats. Rachel, Quinn, and Hazel didn't know me for long, but they were still kind enough to give me birthday cards with money inside. Mr. Older Lion went all out and gave me a digital photo frame filled with pictures of me with my new friends, my parents, my mate, and Maxie. I cried.

"Aw, Dad! Look what you've done." Blake said as he rubbed my shoulders. I swiped on the screen of the photo frame, going through the array of photos for the third time since I've opened the present. It was one of the best gifts ever.

"I was hoping he'd love it." Mr. Older Lion said with a big grin.

"I do!" I exclaimed with a grin just as big as his. Once I was done going through the photos, I set the frame aside. Lorenzo and Aliyah gave me a present next.

"You might want to save this gift for when you and Blake play." The bunny whispered, making my face darken in embarrassment. At least she had the kind heart to warn me, unlike Maddy and Dimi. I nodded, making Lorenzo smirk and Aliyah grin before they returned to their seats.

"I-I think that's it." I said, seeing that there were no more wrapped gifts. "Thank you, a-all!" I continued, laughing as Maxie ran around chasing his tail. There was a chorus of "you're welcomes" before Blakey clapped loudly.