Chapter 25

.:Author's Note:.

Confession: I like to research and learn about serial killers.

***

Blake's POV:

                "You must be Blake Harvey. I'm Detective Murray and this is my partner, Detective Walker."

                Despite the misery settling in the pit of my stomach, I smiled as best as I could at the two detectives. By the drop in their own smiles, I could tell that mine came out as more of a grimace. Sighing deeply, I held out my hand for them to shake instead of trying to smile again.

                "Yeah, I'm Blake. This is my mate, Liam, and I hope you don't mind that he stays with me for the interrogation." I replied, pulling my shy mate from behind me and holding him against my side. It made me feel a lot better to have him there, and it caused the misery of seeing my best friend in the hospital to dimmer a bit.

                Liam tried to move out of the spotlight and go back to hiding behind me, but I didn't let him budge, giving his ass cheek a small pinch. It made him gasp and stay put, which managed to get a small grin out of me. The elephant and rhino in front of us had their eyebrows practically buried in their hairlines as they looked at me and my mate.

                "A lion and a sheep?" Walker questioned.

                "Never seen something like that before." Her partner continued.

                "Cool!" They exclaimed at the same time before going serious. "Just follow us." They continued before turning around and walking away. It was my eyebrows' turn to be buried in my hairline. Liam looked up at me with a questioning frown that made me chuckle slightly. I'm really happy to have him here.

                "A-are all detectives so in s-sync, Blakey? Benson and St-Stabler basically were, and now so are Murray and Walker." He voiced cutely, getting a real laugh out of me.

"I don't think we can judge all detectives on the behavior of a few, especially when two of those few are fictional." I replied, following behind the two detectives who had gotten a distance away in the short time I had been talking.

"Hm, you're p-probably right."

And then he was quiet again, looking around the unusually large precinct and taking in the sights of the various shifters.

Walker and Murray ended up leading us to their shared office instead of the interrogation room I had expected. I decided not to question them as Walker pointed to a vacant sofa for me and Liam to sit on while Murray headed for the coffee machine.

"Fancy a cup of Joe, fellas?" He asked, throwing the question over his shoulder since his back was to us.

"No, thank you. How about you, love?"

Liam shook his head no before frowning and taking a sniff of me. He frowned even more as he looked at me with wide eyes. A small grin appeared on my face as I nodded, answering his silent question. My lamb smiled back before proceeding to scent mark me. I let him since his pheromones soothed both me and my lion. Walker pulled up two chairs in front of us before sitting down and watching us in wonder. I knew that if Liam hadn't been paying attention to getting his scent on me, he would've practically melted from the attention.

As he nuzzled my neck, a slight purr slipped through my lips, causing my lamb to giggle before continuing. Once satisfied, he snuggled into my side and breath in our mixed scents. "Much better." He mumbled under his breath before falling asleep.