Chapter 19

.:Author's Note:.

The picture is for current and future references

***

Blake's POV:

                I haven't put my hands on Liam's ass in over two weeks.

                Despite what I told him about the spanking, it never seemed like the right time to touch him no matter how much I wanted to. And fuck, I wanted to do so a lot! I did find my eyes lingering on his bubble butt a lot though during these past weeks. Other than wanting to spank it, there was nothing more that I wanted to do than sink my teeth into it. I blamed the new biting fetish on my lion.

                "So I can say that 'f' has a relative max of 2 at x = -3, and a relative max of 1 at x = 2? Is that correct?" Liam questioned as he looked up from his worksheet expectantly. I mentally shook my head, discarding my thoughts, before focusing on him. Already knowing the answer, I nodded, causing him to beam with pride. Relative maximums were a difficult subject for him and I knew that he was proud of getting a question right on his own.

                "Yes! I'm getting it, Blakey. I won't ask again until I'm done this worksheet." He told me with a grin before working on the next question. I chuckled as I left him to do his work and headed for the kitchen. Grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge, I finished it in one go and then disposed of the bottle. My phone rang in my back pocket and I grabbed it quickly, answering after I saw that my dad was the one calling.

                "Dad, what's up?"

                "I'm going to kick your ass. That's what's up!" He answered back. "How could you not tell me that you found a potential mate, in the new sheep resident no less?"

                I smacked my forehead as I sighed and leaned against the island. I've been meaning to sit and talk with my father about Liam, but I just never got the time to. Realistically, I haven't seen him since I became Liam's teacher about two months ago.

                "I'm sorry. I've been meaning to tell you, but I've been busy."

                "Too busy to tell your old man that you're finally settling down?" He countered, making me feel even worse.

                "Dad, stop making me feel like shit!"

                "Well, you should. I didn't even know you were bisexual."

                "I didn't either until I started spending time with Liam."

                "But, are you sure that you want to mate with a sheep?" Dad questioned. He sounded like he was judging my choice in shifter.

                "Does it matter that he's a sheep? What's that supposed to mean?" I snapped slightly, me nor my lion enjoying the fact that my dad was definitely judging my choice in shifter.

                "I didn't mean it like that, Blake." Dad sighed. "I just want to make sure that your lion gets along with such close prey. There are rare cases when predators and preys mate forever. Most times, the relationship doesn't even last a year before the predator's instincts kick in. That's why predators normally mate with predators and preys with preys."

                I ran my fingers through my hair in thought. Of course, I trusted my lion not to let any harm come to Liam, but anything could happen, and I didn't want to hurt the lamb. However, there was no way I could give up on him now; not like I even wanted to.