Chapter Twelve

My throat hurts. Haha, I've just returned from the hospital and I guess I'm ready to start the next chapter. That's for the comments. Glad you enjoy the story. Now, let's get going. It feels like I'm talking which makes it hurt even more :( Okay, now, enough talking.

I haven't planned this chapter. So, let's just go with the flow ;)

I'm staying up late for this, should be sleeping and resting but ahh :D

--------------------------------------------------------------

I need Jay my mind said to me as I skipped down the hallways. It was early in the morning, abnormal for any student to be roaming the school premises at this time but I had to meet him. A few teachers stopped to ask me where I was going, but I simply shrugged the questions off answering that I had maths homework to go over with Mr Clinton.

Once, I was safe and outside his room, I took a deep breath knocking on the door. I fixed my hair, real quick. Just wanted to look good.

"Come in," he said, not realising it was me. Once I opened his door and shut it safely before it me, I walked over to his desks. His eyes lifted to me, and then his mouth twitched into a grin. It looked like he was in some sort of stress.

"Hey," I said quietly. I pulled a chair, sitting down next to him. He didn't remove the grin.

"Hi. What brings you here?" He asked.

"So, I can't come to meet you?" 

"Of course you can. You can come anytime. You here to talk to me?" 

"Well, I don't know," I finally answered. I mean, I liked to talk to Jay, but really I was here because I missed him.

"Huh?" He seemed confused, his eyes stared into mine for a while, and then he opened up his arms. I embraced them, taking in his musk smell. He smelt amazing. Too attracting for any teacher.

"Things have changed," I strained.

"How?"

"Step mum," I finally made out.

"Aw," he said, looking at me. He was probably trying to work out what to say to me next. I stood there, counting the amount of times he breathed. He didn't move. "Is she nice?"

I laughed. "I wish."

"Aw... you are welcome to my house, any time."

"I'd appreciate that," I smiled to him. He winked, giving me some chocolates. I ate on each and every piece and then asked something I've been wanting to ask. "What's with your dad?"

He jumped out of his seat causing his HTC wildfire phone to fall on the floor, I leaned down as he leaned down as well and both our hands touched. It was cold, but yet warm. I pulled my hands away, as Jay picked the phone up.

"I'm sorry," I muttered.

"Are you kidding me? Why are you saying sorry for?" He asked.

"Nothing," I whispered.

"Right, so what were you asking?"

"What was it with your dad?" I changed the question around, trying to work out how Jay would react to this question. His facial expression turned cold, and he felt like he was miles off from me. I didn't like this Jay, he seemed pained and out of the world.

"What kind of question is that?" He finally said, not looking up from the floor. This was obviously a bad topic to touch on, but I couldn't help as I continued my rambling.