Chapter Seventeen

It's once again in Aiden's POV and will be until the end of this story. The last chapter will be a really long chapter all in Kacy. And then the epilogue :) . Enjoy :) Thanks for the comments last time ;) x

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Laura. There she was, standing with all her friends. I saw her glance over to me once, and she made a dirty look before turning away. Oh, I knew why. Because I never say hey to her in school. Aw, she was so fragile and cute.

The wind was blowing at her almost ginger short dead straight hair. Her blue eyes stared into the guys around her who seemed to be busy laughing with her. Her mouth was twitched up in a grin, but it was fake. I could tell. Her cheeks were bright red, she glanced over to me once again -- this time, desperate.

What did she want me to do? I stood where I was, by my car and continued to stare at her. Maybe I could fall out of love, and in again in matter of days. Sounds easy. Once again, Laura looked over and this time her eyes seemed to talk to me. She obviously didn't want to be around those boys.

I locked my car, putting the keys in my pocket and putting my adidas bag on my shoulders. I walked over casually, grinning at Laura. Putting my arms around her, I looked at her beautiful face. "Hey," I said. 

Her smile seemed much more real now, and almost too grateful. "Hi."

"I missed you," I smiled. It was like we were going out, the way we were talking. Before we knew it, the guys had walked away and were off towards the canteen. Once they were far out of sight, I let go and looked at her. "Who were they?"

"Don't worry." Her voice was pained, and distant and the urge to hug her and tell her it's okay-- whatever was wrong.

 "If you ever need to talk to me --" I didn't even get to finish my sentence.

"Oi!" She said, slapping my chest. "I hate you!" 

My eyes widened. "Why?" 

"You never talk to me in school!" 

I chuckled a little, ruffling at my hair. "I'm sorry, Laura. I really am. Caught up in my own little world." I tried to laugh, but my throat seemed to dry up.

She hugged me, too suddenly -- It caught me off guard, but a second laters I wrapped my arms around her too. She smelt good.

"Okay, but for tomorrow - you must say something.. or even wave?"

I grinned. "Promise."

**

English. Boring. I came into class, dropping my bag onto the desk and pulling my chair. The teacher shot a glare at me, probably to stop scraping my chair. The school's floor was terrible, and it made horrible noise when a chair was pulled out.

We were told to lift the chair up, and gently placed it down. Pft, whatever. I sat down, pushing my chair in and getting all my books out. We were currently reading Malorie Blackman - Noughts and Crosses.

I think I was the only guy in the class who found it interesting. The rest of the boys didn't even care. And the girls? Those freaks.

Kacy walked into class, tears streaming down her face - pale, and she was shaking terribly. My heart went small at how small she looked right now. No matter how tough she tried to look, she was this small kid inside. 

Miss Collopy, the teacher obviously, dropped all her books and was at her side within seconds. She took her outside the class, shutting the door behind carefully. I wanted to listen to their conversations, but failed.