The Decision of the Goblet of Fire

All the schools were gathered in the Great Hall. The manly Durmstrang students were both sternly focused on the magical chalice. The pretty young ladies of Beauxbatons simply engaged in light chatter as they patiently waited for the decision. The students of Hogwarts were far too loud, especially since they had excited eleven year-olds in the benches. Fiore was a strange mix. Some of the students were completely calm and well mannered, while others were complete maniacs.

Nonetheless, they were all here for one thing. The Goblet of Fire was going to decide the champions for the Tri-Wizard Tournament.

"Well, the goblet is almost ready to make its decision," said Dumbledore,"I estimate it requires one more minute. Now when the champions' names are called, I would ask them to please come up to the top of the Great Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber-"

"WE GET IT LET THE GOBLET DECIDE ALREADY!" yelled Natsu, as impatient as he is. A loud thud was heard as Erza whacked him on the head. "I apologize for my comrade's rude behavior," she said, bowing. "Please, continue."

"It is quite alright, Ms. Scarlet. Besides, it seems that the Goblet of Fire has already decided," replied Dumbledore with a smile.

The once red flames turned once again blue and then red again. A tiny slip of paper arose from the flames. Dumbledore caught it and read:

"The champion for Durmstrang will be Viktor Krum!"

"No surprises there!" yelled Ron over the loud applause and cheering. Fairy Tail and Sabertooth were clapping, but really, they had no idea who the guy even was.

A second slip of paper shot out of the flames. Dumbledore reads:

"The champion for Beauxbatons will be Fleur Delacour!"

There was more cheering, but there was some disappointment in the Beauxbatons table. Some random girl walked up to Juvia and sobbed into her shoulder while crying, "Pourquoi pas moi?! Pourquoi pas moi?!"

Juvia was completely confused at the girl's actions, but the blue haired girl nonetheless patted her on the back

The second-to-last slip of paper spewed from the flames.

"The champion for Fiore will be-"

The eyes of the members of Fairy Tail and Sabertooth just stared at Dumbledore, impatiently waiting for the answer.

"-Lucy Heartfilia!"

The so-called academy cheered for their comrade as a look a shock crossed the girl's face. The shock soon went away, and the attractive blonde stood up and began to nervously walk up to Dumbledore.

Me?! Compared to the others, they're much stronger than me! Erza, Natsu, Gray, and even Wendy should have been chosen!  Lucy thought in panic.

Natsu, although disappointed, grabbed his wand and spelled 'LUCY!!!' in fire. When Lucy saw it, she was so touched she ran up to him and hugged him. After the 'touching moment' (according to Mirajane), Lucy went back into the chamber.

The final slip of paper, the Hogwarts champion, was caught by Dumbledore.

"The Hogwarts champion is Cedric Diggory!"

The cheer from the Hufflepuff table absolutely destroyed the poor Dragon Slayers' ears, who were desperately trying to shield their ears before they fell off. The often overlooked house finally got their moment of glory, and they were truly proud of their Cedric Diggory.

The handsome brunet went up to the chambers wearing a wide and happy smile. Although the rest of houses were disappointed for not having been chosen, Cedric was popular enough to earn their applause.

Everyone's attention directed away from the magical. It wasn't until too late that they'd noticed that the cup's vibrant blue flames turned red once again.

A forth slip of paper shot from the flames. Dumbledore, utterly confused, caught the steaming piece, wondering deeply as to what had happened.. He paused and just stared at the slip of paper.

~♤♡◇♧~