Change of Heart

"What...?!" the bushy-haired girl said in surprise when she heard the news. "You're actually serious about this?"

"Yup. If it weren't against the rules, Erza honestly would've killed her," Happy said bluntly. The blue cat didn't seem to react much, and he simply munched on a piece of fresh fish.

Hermione's brown eyes widened in complete shock and surprise as she scanned the newspaper. It was, of course, written by Skeeter. The first couple of paragraphs explained a "shocking" and "terrifying life-or-death experience" with Fiore's Erza Scarlet.

Happy, the blue cat, told a different story, however.

"I... uh..." Hermione began. She wasn't sure what to say. She was more than happy that Rita got what she deserved. The young girl was slowly was slowly beginning to believe that the red-headed warrior was, in fact, not a Death Eater.

This thought led to another. It made Hermione wonder. Why was she so quick to judge Erza and her comrades? Was it her foreign charm? Her exotically beautiful scarlet hair? Her undeniable ability of leadership and skill in magic?

Hermione paused her thinking. It finally clicked.

Hermione Granger was jealous. Really jealous.

She wasn't used to people as skilled at magic as her or her classmates, and she definitely wasn't used to ridiculously good-looking people in Hogwarts.

Hermione clenched her fists, furious that she'd let herself be like this. Her pride got the best of her once again.

Whatever the cause, Hermione knew she had to fix it.

~♤♡◇♧~

The young girl was discharged from the infirmary. She didn't go immediately to Ron and Harry, however. Hermione took to the outdoors, where Erza was training.

The red-headed woman wore a tight white tank top and skin-tight shorts. To most, her attire seemed quite revealing. Some of her skin could be seen due to her sweat. A couple of boys sat nearby, watching her with intensity. It was obvious to anyone that they were there to watch Erza's elegant and beautiful figure. Hermione watched in amazement as Erza practiced her fighting techniques with an elegant sword.

Erza stopped and glanced at Hermione. A small smile crept onto her face as she placed her sword against a tree. "Hello, there, Hermione, how are you doing today? I trust that your wounds have healed?"

Hermione looked down at her feet. She makes it sound like I fought to earn them... she thought with a sigh.

"Can I speak to you in private?" Hermione asked shyly.

Erza smiled. "Of course," she replied, turning to the boys watching her. "You heard her, time to go," she said.

The boys seemed hesitant to leave at first.

Erza sighed, closing her eyes. She opened them, narrowing them significantly. A darker aura surrounded her, making her far more intimidating."

"Now."

Her glare effectively scared off the students and almost Hermione, who was looking on nervously. However, Erza's eyes softened once they left. "Alright, so what did you want to tell me?"

Hermione fiddled her fingers a little before gaining the confidence to speak to Erza. "Listen, Erza... I don't think you've noticed this. Well, you've barely noticed me at all this year," she said, her cheeks flushing a bit. 

Erza raised an eyebrow. "Pardon? You're quite popular here. Apparently, you're one of the smartest witches in this school."

Guilt snuck into the girl even further. She hated how her pride clouded her judgment so deeply against these mysterious students, not even bothering to give them a chance. "Oh, well, I guess..." she muttered. "What I want to say is that I'm sorry."