Cat Flap

The swinging trap door stared at me, intimidating me. I took a deep breath and remembered my quest for my beloved cushion. I sucked my belly is as much as possible and squeezed my head through the flap.

This was the first time I had ever seen the inside of a house since I had been a kitten. It was nice and warm and the sweet aroma of food beckoned me forward. The smell gave me strength and courage to continue squishing myself through.

I got one leg inside, three to go. I lifted up a paw and did my best to shove it through my thick fur and belly flab. My body was halfway through. That was the easy part, I haven't even gotten to my stomach yet.

The two paws inside the house clawed the carpet and I pulled with all my might. My hind legs scrabbled on the wooden porch outside. The door squeaked loudly as my fat rolled painfully through the small opening.

Finally my stomach was through. My legs were still stuck, but it wouldn't be too hard to get them in. I wiggled left and right, my limbs slowly sliding through the door until they landed with a dull thud on the soft carpeted floor.

I panted heavily, gulping in air. I hadn't had this much physical exercise since I was an adventurous, newborn kitten. The smell of food wafted over to my nose. I couldn't resist the temptation.

I remembered my quest, but I needed to keep my energy up. That cat flap had really left me drained. I stumbled over to the bowl, the enticing scent welcoming me. I shoved my face into the dish and gobbled it down, not leaving a single crumb.

My eyes drooped as the usual food coma began to envelop me. I smiled as sleep clouded my gaze.