House

As soon as I woke up, I realized that I wasn't outside, at my usual place. I began to panic, thinking that someone had tried to cat nap me. Then, I remembered. I remembered losing my pillow and doing everything I could to rescue it. I climbed a stair for this thing! I even made it through a cat flap! Now that's an amazing feat right there.

I looked around the interior of the house I was standing in. I've never been inside one before. It was small and cozy in here. The floor was wood but it was covered with a nice shag carpet that I just wanted to dig my claws into.

Wait. Did I even have claws? I looked down at my feet and flexed them as hard as possible. Four tiny stubs of claws popped through my thick layer of fur. They're still there.

I shook my head to get my brain back on the mission at paw. I can't get distracted from finding my beloved pillow. I wandered the house for a few moments before I sat down, exhausted. Why was walking such hard work? I almost wanted to go eat some more food but I knew that it would just put me to sleep again. There were more pressing matters at paw.

I stood up and shook my fur out, my blubber rippling. I wandered around some more until I discovered that the pillow was no where to be seen. When I turned a corner and I saw a most terrifying sight. Right in front of me was the tallest flight of stairs I had ever seen. There must've been at least ten! My heart, that was obviously too small for my body, pounded inside my chest. I knew that my pillow had to be up there. If someone didn't want me to have my pillow, then taking it up stairs was the best place to take it.

I almost turned and left right then and there, but I couldn't let the villain win. I straightened up the best I could, although my belly still sagged below me, and placed a determined paw on the first dreaded stair.