S2 C9: Pandemonium

"Let the Grand Magic Games begin!"

The much-remembered mascot Mato had declared that only a few minutes ago. Now, Lucy and her team - Rogue, Wendy, Erza, and Minerva - were racing against the clock, striving to reach the finish line of the labyrinth before anyone else.

"This reminds me of the Sky Labyrinth," Lucy grinned, all the while speeding through, "We're being pitted against other teams here. Shall we go?" She lifted her hand, prepared to prepare a portal for her team to use to get to the finish line effortlessly.

Wendy pouted. "I wanna have some fun!" she protested, her eyes twinkling dangerously.

Lucy smirked in amusement. "Go ahead. Make sure Team Two makes it to the finish line." Pleased at the opportunity, the other four melted away in separate directions. Lucy narrowed her eyes. I doubt the other teams are going to make it as quickly as we will, even if we have some... 'fun'. Isn't the point of this to have fun, anyway? Well, here goes... She then realized that there was a team staring right at her. The dangerous, fake-sardonic smile she gave them scared them shitless but she was too fast for them.

"Hey," she whispered in their ears. That was the last thing they heard before their worlds went black. Shrugging, Lucy melted into the shadows, much alike Rogue, and went off in hot pursuit of Wendy to make sure the deceiving Sky Dragon Slayer didn't go too far. Erza knew how to handle herself, Rogue would probably go for silent killing... Minerva... Well, she hoped Minerva would handle herself.

"Hey," Lucy repeated for the second time that day, appearing right next to Wendy. The young blue-haired girl - or as Minerva liked to put it, 'Lucy's little prodigy' - was barely unfazed as her... mentor appeared next to her.

"It's nice to see you," Wendy said, her gaze fixed on the teams surrounding the pair. "Can I kill them?"

"No need to get so ruthless," Lucy snickered, seeing that some of the more... cowardly... people had pretty much wet themselves. "Have your fun. I won't get in your way."

"I know. You've never gotten in anyone's way before," Wendy pointed out, dashing forward. "Sky Dragon Slayer's Roar!" Two teammates were blown away, screaming their lungs out. Wendy shrugged, pretending to observe her nails and feign disinterest.

"How dare you!" a burly man growled, stepping forward. "She's just a little girl. Let's get her!"

Wendy tilted her head to the side, looking even more innocent and like a child. "Come - and - get - me!" she purred playfully.

Lucy only watched in amusement as the enraged men chased after Wendy, only to get blown off into oblivion. Wendy looked around alertly, then deflated when she realized she had no more opponents left. "I may have gone a bit overboard there, but it's fun messing around and tricking people," she grumbled. "Come on." Her element gave her extra speed and she ran fast, keeping up with Lucy's shadow.

Lucy appeared at Erza's place to see it looking like a war field. She sweat-dropped. I don't think I should trust Erza after all. She's the worst one here. Erza, however, was nonchalantly polishing her sword, as if oblivious to the fact that it had just been through the gut of someone - who was currently splayed on the floor lifelessly.

Lucy sighed, facepalming. "Erza, we're not wiping out the entire population of Fiore," she groaned. "Make sure you leave some people so we can at least have opponents."

Erza didn't even look half guilty as her sword disappeared and she followed the two. They collected Minerva and Rogue - as suspected, Rogue had killed the weak teams silently, rising out of the shadows to slit their throats with a shadow blade, and Minerva had her fun with torturing her opponents before tossing them away like trash.

As the five stepped into the portal, Lucy rolled her eyes. I wonder how I got stuck with such a strange, murder-loving team. Sigh... Here goes!

Mato was incredulous as Lucy's team stepped through. "Sabertooth Team A got here in 9 minutes and 38 seconds!" he exclaimed.

"You may find a number of bloody dead bodies," Lucy informed him as she walked past, "They're not my fault. Blame my teammates." She shot a pointed look to Erza, who looked away, humming innocently. "Argh, whatever." She shot a grin at Mato. "By the way, Sabertooth is just here to have fun, and I promise no absurd fights this time."

Mato's eyes widened when he realized this was the same crazy woman who had taken on the entire Fairy Tail GMG Team. "You're-"

"Lucy Heartfilia, pleased to meet you," Lucy smiled courteously, "Let it be known Sabertooth is going to raise hell in the arena!" With a devilish smirk, she darted off to join her team again.

Mato sweat-dropped. Is slaughtering people Sabertooth's idea of fun?