1 | Deep In Tatooine

Deep in Tatooine, lived the son of a once powerful Jedi Knight, Luke Skywalker.

Living with his Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen, Obi-Wan Kenobi still stayed on Tatooine to watch over the boy, meaning everything to him. Unlike Luke, who only seen Ben Kenobi as an old hermit.

                                    ***

Owen Lars huffed as the brown cloaked Jawa's showed each for sale droid to the old man. He studied them carefully, his fingers scratching at the soft layer of stubble on his chin.

As his nephew Luke tagged along, he examined each droid that stood before him. Once he spotted a golden droid, he stepped forward.

Owen followed Luke as he looked the droid up and down. "You, I assume you're programmed for protocol."
"Protocol? Why it's my primary function, sir."

Owen began to walk away. "I have no need for a Protocol Droid."
"Well of course not sure, but I am -"
"What I need is a droid that understands the primary language of moisture evaporators." Owen interrupted the polite droid.

"Sir, I am functioned to speak many different languages."
"Can you speak Bocce?"
"Of course I can, It's like a second language to me!"
"Alright, I'll take this one."

The Jawa's spoke in their language as they allowed the droid to step forward.
"Luke, take this droid to the garage and clean him up." Owen demanded.

Luke sighed. "But I was going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!"
"You can waste time with your friends when your chores are done."

"Alright." Luke said, motioning for the droid to follow him.

As they began to walk, soft beeping caused C-3PO to come to a stop.
As the droid looked back, he seen his old friend, R2D2 struggling to move.

C-3PO tapped on Luke's shoulder. "Excuse me, Sir, but that R2 Unit is in prime condition, a real bargain."

Luke examined R2D2 and nodded. "Uncle Owen!"
"What is it?"
"What about this one?" Luke asked, bending down to R2's height.
"What about that blue one? We'll take that one."

The Jawa's quickly untied R2 as C-3PO turned to Luke. "You'll be very pleased with this one, Sir."
Luke nodded.

As Luke began to clean off R2D2, he dug the scalpel into the side line, his teeth gritting together as he tried to break free whatever was jammed. "He has something jammed in there."

Luke fell back as a blue light appeared from the R2 Unit, watching in shock as a young woman appeared in a blue hologram.

"Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope." 

Luke blinked as he stared at the woman. "Who is she?" He asked.

C-3PO argued with R2 as Luke finally spoke.
"She's beautiful."

She's looking for Obi-Wan Kenobi.

"I don't know an Obi-Wan Kenobi." Luke said as he scratched at his head. "But Ben Kenobi.. Maybe he's a relative. I'll go ask Uncle Owen."

                                     ***

Owen sat at the table and ate as Luke and Beru joined that evening.

"Do you know an Obi-Wan Kenobi?" Luke suddenly asked.
"No." Owen answered, taking a sip of his soup.
"Maybe he's related to old Ben." Luke guessed.
Owen shook his head fast. "Ben is just an old hermit."
"But maybe he's a relative."

Luke suddenly thought of the girl in the hologram again, and how beautiful she looked.

"Whoever Obi-Wan is, maybe he knew my father."

Owen looked up at Luke. "Your father is dead, Luke. He was killed years ago. Before you were born."

Luke stood from the table without a word, and walked to the garage.

Darkness engulfed Luke as he quickly turned on the garage light, hearing C-3PO gasp.
"Oh forgive me!" He shouted, walking out from where he was hidden.
Luke chuckled. "What are you doing back there hiding?"

"Oh dear, it seems that R2 has taken off."
Luke's eyes widened. "He what?"
Luke quickly grabbed his binoculars, ad ran outside. He stood on top of the sand hill, looking out.

"I don't see him." He sighed. "We'll have to go out tomorrow. It's too dangerous with all of the Sand People."
"I do hope he is alright." C-3PO said.

"Luke? Luke! I'm shutting the power down!" Owen yelled.
"Alright, I'll be down there in a second!" Luke hollered.

He looked at C-3PO. "That little droid is going to get me grounded."
"I apologize, Sir Luke."

Luke shook his head. "Lets get inside."