26 | Rise

Darth Vader found himself kneeling onto one knee as Darth Sidious' ship landed. The low hiss caused Vader to tremble slightly, something he hadn't done in ages.

As the cloaked figure and his red geared guards exited the ship, he looked down at him.
"Rise, my friend." He demanded to the young Sith Lord.
As they walked down towards the halls and through the kneeling commanders, Vader turned his head. "The Death Star will be completed on schedule."
"You have done well, Lord Vader. And now I sense you wish to continue your search for young Skywalker."
"Yes, my Master." Vader said.

The Emperor looked towards his decent possession. "Patience, my friend. In time he will seek you out. And when he does, you must bring him before me. He has grown strong. Only together can we turn him to the dark side of the Force."
Vader nodded his head slightly. "As you wish."
"Everything is processing as I have foreseen."

                                     ***

Every Pilot and Commander formed inside of the room as Leia stood next to Mon Mothma. Mara stood near the back, where Han kept her company.

She sighed. "I have a bad feeling about this."
Han leaned towards her. "You and me both, sister."

"The Emperor has made a critical error and the time for our attack has come."
The room filled with uproar, and Mara's stomach began to feel queasy.

"The data brought to us by the Botha Spies pinpoints the exact location of the Emperor's new battle station. We also know that the weapon systems of this Death Star are not yet operational. With the Imperial Fleet spread throughout the galaxy in a vain effort to engage us, it is relatively unprotected. But most important of all, we've learned that the Emperor himself is personally overseeing the final stages of the final construction of the Death Star."

Those around Mara exchanged glances, and she pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Admiral Ackbar, please." She announced.

As Ackbar stepped forward, he pointed to the visual map; at the Death Star, and the moon of Endor. "You can see here the Death Star is orbiting the moon of Endor. Although the weapon systems of the Death Star are not yet operational, the Death Star does have a strong defense mechanism. It is protected by an energy shield, which is generated by the nearby forest Moon of Endor. The shield must be deactivated if any attack is to be attempted."

Ackbar pointed towards Lando. "General Calrissian has volunteered to lead the fighter attack."

Han looked at Lando as he stiffened. "Good luck. You're gonna need it."

General Madine walked into the room as she walked towards the other Generals. "We have stolen a small Imperial shuttle. Disguised as a cargo ship, and using a secret imperial code, a strike team will land on the Moon and deactivate the shield generator."

Mara crossed her arms over her chest. "I wonder who they found to pull that off."

General Madine lifted her head towards Han. "General Solo, is your strike team assembled?"
Han cleared his throat. "Uh, my team's ready. I don't have a command crew for the shuttle."
Chewie roared, and Han grinned. "Well it's gonna be rough, Pal. I didn't want to speak for you."

"General, count me in." Leia offered.

"I'm with you, too!" Someone shouted. Everyone's eyes looked where the voice came from, and seen Luke step into the War Room.

Leia smiled as she hugged him. "What is it?"
"Ask me again sometime." Luke said. He knew he had to tell her, but this wasn't the time, nor the place.

Mara was next as she ran through the room, pulling Luke into an embrace. "I was beginning to wonder what was taking so long."
Luke smiled as he looked down at her. "I was held up."

As the room dismissed, Mara locked hands with Luke as they filed out of the room, along with all of the Pilots.