19 | Escape

Mara followed Luke through the corridor's of Bespin, her blaster in her hand. R2 beeped, and Luke motioned for him to stay quiet.

As they continued to walk, Mara grabbed Luke's arm, pulling him to stand against the wall as a group of troopers walked by.
As they did, they carried a cart behind them with a large metal object, and Mara knew that face.

"Han." Luke whispered.
They followed the group, and they both spotted Chewbacca and Leia walking with the Troopers, and Boba Fett.

As Boba Fett heard the soft beeps of R2D2, he turned around, and blasted at Mara. Luke pulled her out of the way just in time, both of them shooting at the Bounty Hunter, running after them.

"Luke! It's a trap!" Leia screamed as they dragged her away.

Luke turned to face Mara as she grew anxious.
"Luke?" She asked.
He grabbed her shoulders, sighing.
"Get out of here. Go with Leia and Chewie, and leave."
She shook her head. "No. I won't leave you!"
He stroked her hair. "I must face Vader alone."

Mara felt tears form in her eyes as Luke pressed his lips to hers, and pushed her towards the waiting corridors. She quickly turned, and ran away.

***

As Leia and Chewie were lead towards a ship, the troopers that walked with them had let out a scream, and a blaster went off. They turned around to see Lando, and he ran towards them.

"What are you doing?" Leia asked.
Before Lando could speak, Chewie growled and grabbed him by the throat. He gasped for air as he fell to his knees, trying to pull Chewie's large hands away to breathe.

"I can help you get out of here." He choked. "I-I can get you out of here!"
"Chewie, let go." Leia demanded. He huffed before doing so, and Lando stood.

As more Storm Troopers filled the exit way, they hid behind the walls as they tried to shoot at them.
A blaster from a different direction blasted the standing troopers, causing them to fall to the floor. Seconds later, Mara came into view.

"I was beginning to wonder if you took a wrong turn." She said.
Leia ran towards the girl, quickly hugging her.
"Where is Luke?" She asked.
"He's going to confront Vader." Mara answered. "He made me come help you escape."

At the thought of Luke dueling with the Sith Lord, Mara grew nauseous. She glared at Lando, wanting to lift her blaster, and put at least one hole in his leg.

"You must be the former Captain of the Falcon, the one Han used to trust."
"I told her I had no choice." He argued.

"We don't have time to argue." Mara said. "The Falcon is on the other side of this building on the first Landing Platform. We have to get through all of those Troopers if we want to live."

Leia grabbed Mara's arm before she could walk away. "I know why Luke likes you so much."
"What?" Mara asked.
"Because you'll do anything to protect the ones you care about." Leia answered. "Because Luke is so kind-hearted, he found someone just like him."

Mara smiled. "Thank you, Princess."

Chewie roared, and Mara nodded.

"Lets get out of here."