12 | Three Years Later

Mara pushed her now long blonde hair out of her face as the sweat glistened on her skin. The hot air and sun of Tatooine did it's justice as she worked through the hot air.

Keeping herself busy for the past three years is what she did. Mara couldn't stand to think of Ben. It's been exactly three years since his death, and she still wasn't over it.

Although she still mourned the death of her fatherly figure, she was becoming stronger everyday. She worked from day to night, which caused her muscles to strengthen.

"3PO, I'd appreciate it if you'd get me a glass of water." She shouted, loud enough for him to hear her from the dune.

"Of course, Master Mara." He said, turning and walking into the den.

Mara dusted off her hands as she stood up from the sand. She looked out over the empty area of Tatooine, sighing.

C-3PO gave her the glass, and she drank it quickly. That was the most important thing about living on Tatooine. Besides the Tusken Raiders, you had to stay hydrated.

"Is there anything else you might need?" He asked her.
Mara shook her head. "I'm alright. Thank you."

Mara found herself frowning as she made his way inside. She did feel bad for the droid. He had no one but Mara, and he missed R2D2 dearly.

Everyday would she think of the others. What they were doing, if they missed her, and if Luke would want anything to do with her.

                                   ***

Luke climbed through the high snow of Hoth, holding the rope that was wrapped around his Taun Taun.

The cold wind hit his face as he looked towards what looked like a meteorite.
As he lifted his binoculars, he only could see the black color of it, and he shoved them back onto his side bag.

As he stopped his Taun Taun, he froze as a large Wampa stood before him, slashing it's long nails through the Taun Taun, and across Luke's face.

Leia stormed down the freezing hallway of the underground base as she walked towards the Captain. "We haven't gotten a call in from Skywalker."
Leia crossed her arms apprehensively. "Nothing at all?"
He shook his head.

Han was the next person to walk into the room as he stepped past Leia.
"I'm going out there." He said, before turning to walk. Leia grabbed his arm, and he stopped.
"You can't go out there! It's below freezing." She said.
"My bestfriend is out there, your Worship."
She chased after Han as they walked through the halls. "What? Afraid I was gonna leave without giving you a goodbye kiss?" He asked her.
"I'd just as soon kiss a Wookiee."
He jabbed his finger in front of her face. "I can arrange that, you could use a good kiss!"

***

Luke opened his eyes enough, letting them focus after being a blur. As he looked around, the same Wampa sat feet away from him.

Realizing he was upside down, he looked up to see his feet in the ceiling of the cave. He looked around for his lightsaber, seeing the silver hilt in the snow.

He extended his hand out, closing his eyes to focus on the Force flowing through him.

The Wampa stood at the noise that was interrupting him, and ran towards Luke.

Grabbing his lightsaber, he quickly cut himself down, and swung the lightsaber, seeing the Wampa's arm fall into the snow.

It howled in pain as Luke quickly ran out of it's den, and into the snow. As soon as he was far enough away from the Wampa, he fell weakly
into the snow.

"Luke!"
"Ben?" Luke asked, weak.
"You will go to the Dagobah. Set your course for the Hoth system!"
"Ben." Luke said once again, his ears tuning out as Ben finished speaking.
His body growing numb as he fell unconscious.

Han rode the Taun Taun through the freezing cold as he searched for Luke. It was then when he spotted a body laying in the cold snow, causing Han to jump off of his Taun Taun, running towards him.

"Luke! Luke?" He asked, holding Luke upward. His face was covered in snow as he wiped it off.

Nearby, Han's Taun Taun fell to the ground as it froze to death. He huffed to himself before lifting Luke's lightsaber, slashing the stomach.
"Ben, Ben." Luke moaned out as Han moved him towards the flesh of the creature.

"And I thought it smelt worse on - the outside." Han breathed out.

"Hang in there, Luke. This will keep you warm for now."

Who is your favorite character from The Force Awakens?

Mine is Rey & BB-8 :)