5 | The Force

Mara sat in a seat across from Chewbacca and C-3PO who played a challenging game of Dejarik. Chewbacca snorted as he moved his generate piece.

She looked back up at Luke who held the lightsaber hilt in his hand, the blue beam swaying back and forth as he blocked the small lasers coming from the small turret globe.

"Focus on the Force flowing through you." Ben said to Luke.

Han leaned towards Mara. "I call it luck."
Mara looked at the Smuggler. "You underestimate the power of the Force."

"Sweetheart, I've seen a lot of different things through the Galaxy." Han said as he leaned back in the Pilot's seat.

Ben looked at Han. "In my experience, there's no such thing as luck." He huffed and turned back to the cockpit.

Ben picked up a helmet, setting it in Luke's hands. "Use this."
Luke's eyes examined the helmet. "But I won't be able to see!"
"You do not need to see to feel the Force, Luke."

As he put the helmet on, Mara took a step back if needed.
She stood there impressed as Luke blocked several blasts, seeing Ben smile.
"How come you've never taught me to use a lightsaber?" Mara asked.
Ben looked at his adopted daughter. "You are smarter with a blaster."

She rolled her eyes. "I'll take that as a compliment."

Luke's session was interrupted as the room filled with an alarm type noise that came from the cockpit. Chewie roared in protest as Han slammed his hand down on the radar.

"What is it?" Luke asked as all three of them ran to them.
"I've come up on Alderaan, but it isn't there!" Han yelled.

Mara rose her eyebrows. "What do you mean it isn't there?"
"Do you see a planet, Blondie? It's on the radar, but it's not there!"
All of them gazed out the window, only to see the same stars that filled the black Galaxy around them.

"It was destroyed." Mara said, not having to guess.
"By who?"
"The Empire." Ben answered.
Luke squinted his eyes as a round object came into view from afar. "What is that?"
"A moon." Han answered, leaning back slightly.

Ben shook his head as Mara's eyes met the upcoming station.

"That's no moon," he began. "that's a Space Station."
"Quick, turn around." Luke said as they drew closer to the Station.
"It's too late, Kid. If I turn this ship around, she'll scrape right through that thing."

"Another reason why it's garbage." Mara said, ignoring Han's glare.
"Quick, land." Ben instructed.

Mara looked up at Ben with widened eyes. "Are you crazy? We'll get killed!"
"Trust me. Land!"

                                        ***

"This is out of control." Mara muttered to herself as they stood on the Falcon.
Han looked out the small window on the top sight. "Troopers."
As the soft marching appeared, they quickly stood against the wall.

The first two walked through the Falcon, until they were beaten to unconsciousness.
"We need some help up here!" Han yelled, disguising his voice to sound like one of the troopers.

As three more entered the ship, Chewie attacked them.

"Put them on." Ben said, addressing to the Trooper's gear. "I must do this alone."
Mara looked at her farther figure. "Ben."
He turned to her, and she felt like she was going to tear apart.

"Be careful."

As he left the ship, Mara turned to Han and Luke as the three of them pulled on the gear.
"Where'd you dig up that fossil?" Han asked.
"I'd watch what you say around a woman with a blaster who happens to be his adopted daughter." Mara said defensively.

"Alright, lets go." Luke said, placing the trooper helmet on.

As Han and Mara did the same, they nodded to each other before hiding the bodies, and walking off of the Falcon.