30 | The Fight

Mara, Han and Leia wandered across the forests of Endor as rebels arrived. Although there weren't many, they had to take the risk.

Mara sat on a tree log, her blue eyes scanning the same colored-sky. The death star was in view, which lead her to inhale nervously.

"Watch over him, Ben." She begged, standing to her feet.

Han jogged towards the woman, panting.

"Come on."

As they moved towards the building, Mara lifted her blaster as Han fired at the door.

As it slid open, Imperial guards turned in surprise.

"Move!" Han shouted, each of them stepping back. "Quickly, quickly."

Leia stepped forward, examining the board as Mara kept her blaster pointed at the group.

"Han, hurry."

"A fleet will be here any moment."

"Charges, come on, come on!"

Tossing a charge to Han, Mara turned back to the group, only to lower her blaster.

"Freeze!"
Tossing a crate into the man, he was sent flying over the railing. Storm troopers filed in, and Mara's eyes widened.

As they all cornered Leia, Mara, Chewbacca and Han, she sighed.

"Rebel scum."

Chewie roared furiously as he tried to fight against the troopers.

"Give it up, Chewie." Han said.

As they were lead outside, Mara glanced around at the large group, along with their ATST Walker.

"I really wish I had a smart rocket right now." She muttered under her breath.

"All right, move it." They demanded.

As they moved, Mara expected to be taken away at that point. But once she spotted Goldenrod in the line of the trees, she had a small sliver of hope.

Half of the stormtroopers hurried after Threepio, only to be tackled by dozens of ewoks. As the small creatures latched on to them and locked their arms and legs around their armor, they squeezed them and strangled them.

As an Ewok called out from the trees, hundreds of ewoks came into view. Mara grinned, shoving a stormtrooper into a tree as sticks flung through the air.

She grabbed a blaster from one of the fallen stormtroopers, firing it at more of them.

As the stormtroopers fled, Leia, Han and Mara sat outside of the buildings as smoke circled the air.

"The code's changed," Leia shouted as Mara and Han guarded them. "We need Artoo!"

Mara ducked as a stormtrooper fired at her, where she stood and slammed the bottom of her boot into its torso. Falling back, she fired at his head.

Threepio and Artoo hurried towards the group, where the droid began working on getting the code accessed.

A sudden blast caused Artoo to slide backwards, the small droid screaming aloud. Bolts of electricity and smoke circled his metal interior, and Mara swallowed.

"Well, I suppose I could hot wire this thing up."

Mara sighed nervously, taking cover as her and Leia waited impatiently. Her palms began to sweat as she tightened her grip on her blaster, the kick causing her shoulders to shake.