Chapter I

"Kageyama, here!" The redhead yelled, taking a deep breath and jumping.

     He closed his eyes, having trust that his Setter would deliver the ball directly to his palm. Which, just as predicted, had occurred. Hinata's eyes opened at the last second as he watched the ball slam forcefully against the other side of the net. He landed on his feet and took a moment, studying his slightly red hand. His grin increased, feeling the small tingling sensation set it.

     "Dumbass!" Kageyama cursed, slamming the smaller male in the back of the head with his hand.

     "Ow! ow, ow! What did I do?" Hinata growled, rubbing his head in irritation.

     "Did you forget what we were practicing?" Kageyama scoffed, glaring at him. He could tell by the way Hinata tilted his head that he had no idea whatsoever. "The whole point of practicing today was to improve your spike. That way you're able to actually hit it with your eyes open, Stupid."

     Hinata blinked, processing what Kageyama had just said. "Oh, yeah, I forgot!" He rubbed his neck awkwardly and smiled sheepishly. "Guess I just got caught up in the whole spiking thing.."

      Kageyama sighed, shaking his head in dismay. "Sometimes I wonder if you care about anything but volleyball."

     Hinata puffed up his cheeks and jabbed his finger at his own chest. "Barely! I mean.. I care about Natsu and my Mom, of course. Besides that though, there's nothing much more important." He crossed his arms, satisfied with his argument. "Don't act like it's all me. Do you actually care about anything besides volleyball?"

     "Of course I do!" Kageyama retorted. "Plenty of things. Way more than you, apparently." He bit his lip, trying to think of examples. He shook his head and placed his hands on his hips. "The point is that you need to focus more during practice."

     "Fine, Mom." Hinata responded, glaring at Kageyama as he picked up the volleyball from off of the floor. "One more."