Chapter 7

"Hinata! You did great today!" Suga complimented the first year, giving him a motherly smile and a thumbs up.

Hinata beamed, returning a smile towards his respected teammate. "Thank you! If I'm honest, I didn't think we were going to beat them. Kenma-san had been telling me that they had been practicing extra hard lately... So me and Kageyama practiced a ton last night! I think it really helped. Not just with my skills, but I think it helped calm my nerves too." The male smiled, thoughtfully gripping his shirt.

The gray-haired third year lifted a hand to his mouth, chuckling. "Would you say Kageyama helps you focus, Hinata?"

"Now that you mention it, Suga-senpai... He does. He relieves a lot of my stress. I feel as if I can't lose with a friend and setter like that at my side. He always makes me feel... I don't know how to put it, really, but... he makes me feel safe."

Sugawara rested a hand on the younger boy's shoulder, looking at him with warm eyes. "Hinata, do you love Kageyama?"

The thought clouded up the boy's mind. Thousands of thoughts came rushing instantaneously and he felt himself plunging into a deep state of realization. Did he love Kageyama? No, that'd be weird, right? It wasn't that Hinata was against homosexual relationships, in fact, he was always supportive of people being themselves. But to consider it himself, he wasn't sure if he had feelings for the setter or not. He was always so focused on volleyball he never took the time to consider if he had feelings for anyone; male or female. He looked up at his senpai, swallowing nervously. "Suga, what does it feel like to be in love?"