Chapter 4

Just a btw I'm going to try to write a new chapter every week so here we are!

Kageyama anxiously tapped his pencil on his desk, staring up at the clock. 10 minutes. Just 10 more minutes and school would be over. Meaning, practice. He looked back towards the teacher's lesson, zoning out entirely and focusing all his attention on something more interesting in the room. Hinata. He watched the orangette scribble something down on a piece of paper and hold it up to him himself as if expecting it. It was... a cat playing volleyball? Or maybe an unidentifiable creature...? Kageyama let out a small chuckle, amused by the reaction Hinata had to his drawing. The way he beamed at it, smiling proudly and nodding in approval. Kageyama had to admit, it was cute. wait.

cute?

  Kageyama swallowed nervously, looking down at his desk to avoid letting anyone see his slightly flushed face. Cute. It wasn't...weird to call someone cute right? Like it wasn't weird to think that your best friend was really adorable and attractive? Kageyama froze, his breath hitching in his throat. How long had he thought of Hinata this way? He had always found him kinda cute, yeah, who wouldn't? Although as he sat there processing everything he suddenly realized that what he felt towards Hinata wasn't something many other people expressed towards him. Kageyama didn't want a friendly relationship. He didn't want to just partners. He looked back at Hinata and his face heated up, the realization hitting him. Kageyama wanted Hinata to be his.

  The bell rang, awaking Kageyama from his deep thoughts. And immediately, as usual, here came Hinata bounding over to join his setter for practice.

    "Kageyama! Did you get notes? I was...uh, busy." Hinata smiled sheepishly.

    Kageyama blinked, looking down at Hinata. "No, I was working on something else." Okay, it wasn't entirely a lie.

    Hinata tilted his head to the side slightly.
"Like what-"

    "Come on, Dumbass. We're going to be late for practice." Kageyama interrupted,
not giving the male a chance to say anymore. He turned around and began walking away towards the gym with no complaints from Hinata who eagerly followed behind him.

    That was close.