Chapter 5

The freak duo arrived and the gym and were immediately greeted by friendly hellos from their teammates. They began practice, all taking turns to do diving receives, it was Hinata's turn.

  The boy dived onto the floor, sliding his hand underneath the ball and causing it to fly upwards in return. Noya gave Hinata a big thumbs up and ruffled his hair. Kageyama sat on the bench, thinking about all of the improvement they had made- Karasuno in general. Hinata was now able to actually receive a ball, Yamaguchi could serve decently, Tsukishima learned a few tips on blocking... In general they had all made improvements that would prove worthy to the team. Most of all the thing that amazed Kageyama was the fact of Hinata now being able to spike the ball with his eyes open. This gave a whole new meaning to their quick.

"Kageyama! Kageyama! Did you see that?" The shorter male asked, bounding over in excitement.

Kageyama nodded, smiling ever so slightly as he tried to convey at least a tad of encouragement. "You did really good."

Hinata peered up at his setter, eyes shining. Kageyama complimented him! To be complimented by the King, No- To be complimented by his setter! The one who had originally even refused to toss to him in the first place. It was something worthy to be happy about. Hinata gripped his shirt near his heart and smiled at the ground subconsciously. I'll do it again, Kageyama!

Daichi signaled for them all to gather around him as he began speaking. "We're having a practice match with Nekoma tomorrow, So I want everyone to get plenty of rest. Show them what we're made of, yeah?"

"Yeah!" Everyone yelled back in unison, except for Tsukishima of course. Tanaka and Noya were the loudest.