1

MONDAYS. Who even invented them? Why would they want to put us through this much torture?

I sat up in bed and the thoughts of last night came rushing back to me as if they never left when I tried to drown them away with dear friend alcohol.

Last night I broke up with my boyfriend of four years. I found out the sad truth- he was cheating on me. What made it even worse that it was with my best friend, whom I've been best friends with since our diaper days.

Her parents and my own have been close friends for all of their life, so we were bound to follow in their footsteps.

Instead of staying in our shared apartment last night after getting completely wasted, I decided to do the only responsible thing- crash on my parent's couch. I just didn't want to face him just yet.

After shielding my eyes from the sun that was causing my head an immense pain, I rolled over in my old twin size bed and made my way to the bathroom.

I quickly brushed my teeth with the spare toothbrush in the drawer and popped a few ibuprofen silently praying for them to kick in before I went to greet my parents.

"Hello mother, hell father." I greeted as soon as I stepped into the kitchen. My mother gave me a look of distaste not only at how I called her mother instead of mom, but because of the state I was in.

"Have you showered yet?" She asked me when I sat down at the table.

I rolled my eyes and turned to my father when he spoke up, "Leave her be." I sent a wink my father's way because of how he stick up for me. "She just got her heart broken up by that rat."

Both my mother and I burst into fits of laughter. Even though my parents love my ex's parents to death, my dad had always disliked my ex from the day he was born. Something about how he had a rat's nose and that meant that he automatically couldn't be trusted.

He wasn't wrong though, was he?

"Hurry and eat so you won't be late for work again." My mother said shoving a plate full of my favorite breakfast items in front of me. "Thanks again for letting me stay here while I get back on my feet."

"Always." My dad grinned before sipping his been black coffee. My inner self gagged at the thought of him not putting any cream or sugar into it. He's becoming an old man already.

As I got ready for the day, I couldn't help but think about how much I actually enjoyed my job. Everyone that comes in to the cafe daily always seems to be in a good mood. It's refreshing not to deal with any rude people- my ex and my best friend had that all covered anyways.

I got my uniform on and made my way to my Voltswagen Beetle. I love my baby. I got in her, smoothed my hand over her interior praying that she didn't cause me any trouble on my short trip to work and then drove off.

Immediately when I stepped through the doors at work I was greeted by my gay best friend Jerry.

"Hey India, how did you sleep?" He asked with a dumb smirk on his face. I pulled him in for a hug and he sniffed my hair like he always does. "What shampoo are you using?" I pulled away from him, scowling.

"That was creepy skittles." I told him. He likes it when everyone calls him that. He's great at embracing his sexuality. I wish everyone had the balls that he had.

He laughed at me and rolled his eyes. I decided to ignore him. I dashed for my paper and pen before taking a look around the already crowded cafe.

I sighed and walked to my first table to take their order. I have to admit, I'm not quite ready for the reality that is today.