Epilogue

Four years later

I watched as Ethan ran after our son, Hunter, around the house.

Yes, we finally bought a house together and might I say, it is beautiful!

We both made a mutual decision that I would quit my job and be an at home mom.

After an hour of them goofing off, we settled down at the kitchen table and ate some macaroni and cheese

It's Hunter's favorite.

I'm not very fond of it.

Like usual, every time that I make something for him, he ends up falling asleep when it's finished. I didn't want it to go to waste, so I am currently sitting at the table alone devouring it like it's my last meal.

About a bite into it, I felt sick to my stomach.

I jumped off of my chair and ran into the bathroom and puked. I heard Ethan's loud footsteps running after me.

"What's going on?" He asked, kneeling down beside me. "Do you need to go to the doctor?"

I stared down at the puke in the toilet bowl and wondered if I should just tell him.

I'm pregnant.

"No." I said, shaking my head. "Can you do me a favor?"

"Yes, of course." He said, pulling my hair out of my face.

"Can you go to the store?" I asked.

"Do you need some tampons?" He asked me grinning. I shook my head.

"Sadly, no." I said, looking at him in his eyes. "I think I'm pregnant." He froze. "Are you okay?"

"Are you kidding me?" He asked me in a cheerful voice.

"You're happy?" I asked him.

"Of course I am!" He said. "My beautiful woman is carrying my second child." I smiled at him. "I was going to do this later this week, but now I think that it's the right time." I looked at him in confusion as he kneeled down in front of me.

Was he going to propose?

He cleared his throat before speaking, "I'm in love with you India Dodson. I've been in love with you for the last four years. I love everything about you. I love how every morning when you wake up, you give me a kiss, then proceed to do your business in the bathroom." I chuckled. "I love that you gave me such a beautiful son and now you're going to give me another child." He took out the small box from his pocket and held it in his hand. "Sunny, my love, my life, will you marry me?" I nodded my head vigorously.

"Yes!" I screamed. "A million times yes!" He slid the ring on my finger and I pulled him in for a kiss. "I love you."

I looked down at the ring in awe.

"I love you too." He said. We both jumped once our sleepy son walked into the room.

"Mommy?" He said, rubbing his eyes

"I'm sorry, did I wake up?" I asked him. He walked over to me and shook his head.

"Can you read me a bed time story?" He asked, taking my hand in his. I nodded and stood up. He turned to Ethan and took his hand in his as well. "You too daddy."

And we walked hand in hand with our son to his room.

"What story would like us to read?" I asked him.

"If you give a mouse a cookie." He answered cheerfully. I nodded and took it off his shelf before sitting down beside his father.

And we ended that night in laughs.

What a wonderful life.

*******
Thanks for reading.
Vote.
It's officially the end, I think.