7

I knew that this was a bad idea... A bad idea to go out with him. I stood in the entrance of the restaurant gawking at how expensive it looked.

How could he afford this place?

Oh right, he owns his own collection of hardware stores. I felt a nudge on my hand and it snapped me back into reality.

I looked down at our intertwined hands and frowned, pulling my hand out of his. He was about to say something to me when a man walked up to us.

"Reservations?" He asked us.

"Reservation for Oats." Ethan said.

"Yes sir." The man said. "Follow me." I secretly glanced up at Ethan as we made our way to the table. He had a frustrated frown on his face. "Here you are. Would you like to start off with anything to drink?" I glanced at Ethan and he was already looking at me.

"India?" He asked. I shook my head.

"We have a great selection of wine ma'am." The man offered.

"Not tonight. I'll just have a glass of water." I told him. The man nodded and turned to Ethan.

"And you sir?" The man said.

"The same. I have to drive this lovely lady home." He grinned. I looked down at my hands blushing. He sure knows how to sweet talk a girl. I blush like crazy whenever I'm with him.

As soon as the man left, Ethan went straight to business.

"I want to know what's going on." He said, his full attention on me.

"Nothing." I shrugged.

"There has to be something." He said. "Don't bullshit me." I rolled my eyes.

"Honestly, it's nothing." I said.

"I've never met a woman as stubborn as you." He said.

"That's because you get everything you want from them right away, huh." I said. I immediately covered my mouth as the words came out. He frowned at me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He said.

Right then the waiter came with our water.

"Thank you." I told him. The man smiled sweetly at me.

"Would you like to order now?" He asked us, but looking directly at me. His stare was kind of creeping me out.

"We'd like a few more minutes." Ethan said quite rudely. I looked up at him and he was scoffing at the guy.

What for?

I took a sip of my water and waited patiently for the man to leave so Ethan could go on.

"Like I was saying before I was rudely interrupted." Ethan began. "What do you mean by I get everything I want from them?"

"Nothing." I said quietly. He scoffed at me.

"What the fuck is going on?" He asked me. "One minute, we're cool and the next you're avoiding me." I shrugged.

"That's just what I do." I said staring down at the menu in front of me. He sighed rather loudly as the man came back.

"Sir." The man said. "Can I take your oder?"

"I'd like the steak." Ethan said quickly. He looked at me, urging for me to pick something so we can get back to our conversation. I looked down at the menu.

There was steak for $130 dollars, pasta for $89, and many more expensive food. I scoffed and looked at Ethan.

"Can we go to a less expensive place?" I asked him. He laughed.

"No India, now pick something." He demanded. I ignore his rude tone and looked at the man who was smiling sweetly at me.

"I'd like the pasta with salmon steak." I told him.

"I'll be back shortly." He said before walking off. I looked at Ethan and he was scowling at the man who was walking away. I giggled to myself. He looked so jealous.

"Okay the thing is, I've been hurt before." I said. "You know that. And I guess that I'm growing feelings for you and you brought that woman back to our place. And it hurt me. I felt just like I did when my ex hurt me." He looked at me with wide eyes.

"India, she was my sister." He said. I frowned, knowing that I probably looked stupid right now. "She went to dinner with me. That's why I was late that night. I thought I told you she was coming to town."

"You didn't." I said, blushing slightly.

"Oh, that's my mistake." He said. "I thought that you were mad about something else."

"No." I said. "Just that."

"Good." He said.

*
We ate and then headed home. He held my hand as we made our way into the apartment. I felt all tingly inside. I haven't felt like that in a long time.

"Did you enjoy dinner?" He asked me, taking off his suit jacket.

"I did." I said admiring his broad shoulders. He looked so sexy with his suit on. I wanted so badly for him to devour me in bed.

"Good." He said, smiling at me.

"I'll pay you back." I said taking off my pumps. He frowned.

"There's no need for that." He said.

"Why not? It's the least I can do." I said.

"Because it was a date." He said. "And I'd like to end the date on the right note."

He gently pulled me into his arms and placed a sweet kiss on my eager lips.

*********************************
Thanks for reading.
Vote.