6. Idiot

"Mind telling me what that was about?" Asked a not-so-happy-looking Lucas. I shifted on my feet uncomfortable and shoved the note in the pocket of my coat.

"I honestly have no idea. That guy came up to me and was so seductive and I just couldn't think and it was so weird. You know what's ironic? I thought he looked like a young Zac Efron and his name was actually Zach. You know what else? I-" I babbled.

"I don't care about the dude, what were
you thinking? You just kissed a random guy!" Lucas said angrily. I looked down.

"He kissed me." I whispered.

"I noticed. But you let him." Lucas scolded, sounding stern.

Well, why do you care?

"Because I'm your friend!"

Did I say that out loud?

"Uh, yeah." Lucas said, in a duh voice.

"Let's just keep going with the day, I want to go to the toy store." I pouted.

"Sure you won't find another stranger to make out with there, too?" Lucas muttered under his breath. I whipped around and glared at him. He scoffed and glared back.

He can be really annoying sometimes.

----------------

"Ah! Lucas, come look at this!" I squealed pointing at the miniature pink corvette. It had a little red sign on the side with yellow block letters that read: tester. I hopped in excitedly and started riding around. This thing can really go fast. I pushed the pedal all the way down and it jerked forward, going at a top speed. I steered it around the little tester racecourse, then I backed it off the racecourse and started going around the store.

Suddenly there was a flash of red, blue, and white and my car screeched to a stop.

Oh no, the mini car police!

"Ma'am, I'm going to need to see you're license." Said Lucas. He was wearing a cowboy hat, a sheriff badge, some very official looking black sunglasses, and talked in an extremely fake sounding texan accent.

"You'll never get me alive!" I squeal and zoom off. I can here Lucas laugh as he starts to chase me. In my attempt at losing him as my tail, I almost knocked over two barbie doll pyramids, a display of orbees, and a mom holding the hand of a little toddler boy. I looked back for a second to see if the cost was clear, I swear it wasn't more than that, and rammed right into a different pyramid of cardboard boxes filled with styrofoam.

Why do they even have a bunch of boxes filled with styrofoam just sitting in the store?

I scream-laughed as the boxes toppled down on top of me and I was stuck underneath the not-so-heavy-weight of the styrofoam peanuts and cardboard cubes. I heard a deep laugh behind me, but couldn't see who made it seeing as there was a box on my head. The box lifted and was thrown the other direction to reveal a chuckling Lucas Friar.

"That's what happens when you try to run from the law, Ma'am." Lucas said. I stuck out my bottom lip and stood, holding my wrists out for him. When nothing happened I looked at him very confused.

"Aren't you gonna cuff me?" I ask.

He laughed and shook his head.

"I couldn't find any."

"Sorry about that, Idiot." I laughed. He feigned being shocked.

"Why am I the idiot when you just crashed into a tower of cardboard boxes?" He crossed his arms, clearly impressed with his own retort.

"Because sitting right behind you is a stack of plastic handcuffs." I laugh and loose my balance, toppling backwards into the cupboard boxes again. Which causes Lucas to laugh and fall backwards into the boxes of plastic handcuffs. Which, in turn, makes the store lady seemingly mad at us and chase us out of the store screaming in Mandarin.

Once outside we decide to call it a day and head back to the hotel. Once in our room I perch myself on the couch and start flipping through the art book I had brought along with me.

"So, the guy you were talking to earlier today, you told him you had never had a real relationship before, is that true?" Lucas questioned, running his hand through his hair repeatedly. I nodded sheepishly. It was quite embarrassing being nearly fifteen and not having had a real relationship yet. "Hey, it's okay. Riley was my first."

"Why aren't you guys hanging out anymore?" I ask.

"I don't know. It kind of became really awkward. She was so clingy, and I was really laid back about it for a while but it became obsessive and I couldn't take it." He explained. I gaped at him. I never thought Riley would be the one to drive him away, I always thought he would mess up somehow and she would run for the hills.

"Oh..." I reply. I was too busy pondering how Riley could have been so clingy to come up with a legitimate response.

"Yeah..." He replied awkwardly.

Well aren't we just little one-syllable conversation starters.

"I'm going to bed, we need some rest for our first day of 'school' tomorrow." I say, making quotes with my hands at the word school, seeing as it wasn't really our school. But, hey, I'm not one to complain. I really didn't think I'd be going to college, like ever.

"Goodnight, Maya."

"Night, Idiot."

------------

Hi!!!! So who thinks Zach should return later in out story? comment if you want/don't want him to come back. Also you should totally vote/comment/follow me bc that would be AH-MAY-ZIIIING💘💘💘 Love y'all so much!

kylie