7. Good Morning Sunshine.

Beep Beep Beep Beep

I groan and slap my hand down on the alarm clock. It stops beeping for a moment before it begins again.

"What the heck." I say groggily, rubbing my eyes to see clearly. As my eyes adjust to the dim lighting I look around the room to see Lucas' stuff strewn around the room and Lucas' bed empty.

How is he up already?

I glance at the clock, the red block numbers read 5:32. I groan again, shifting into a circle and pulling the covers back over my head. I heard a laugh from somewhere to my left and the covers flew off me. I yelped slightly, clutching my legs to my chest for warmth.

"Good Morning, Sunshine. Get up, they want us to meet them in the Lobby in a half an hour." Lucas explains before going back to whatever he was doing. I groan one final time before jumping out of bed and rummaging through my suitcase for the outfit labeled School Outfit #1. Another pair of black leggings with a t-shirt that went underneath the light grey sweatshirt I had packed. For shoes I had black patent combat boots with white fuzzy socks to go underneath.

I did my makeup quickly, threw my hair into a messy ponytail and changed in record time. I was the world's fastest getting ready-er, if that's what you would call it. As I emerge from the bathroom, Lucas is standing there, gelling his hair in the mirror.

I cough, smirking at him with a cocked hip and my hand resting on that cocked hip. He looked over and blushed. Quickly fixing his mistake that he didn't know he was making.

"I think you take more time getting ready than me." I smirk.

"I try to look my best when I'm around..." Lucas paused for effect. "beautiful women!" He announced.

"Not counting me of course because you never look good when I'm around." I say, sticking my tongue out at him. He holds a hand to his heart and feigns being hurt.

"Ouch, Maya. That hurts." Lucas said sarcastically.

"Aw, I'm sorry, do you want some tylenol?" I stick out my bottom lip, pretending to feel sorry for him.

"Shut up, we're going to be late." He scoffs and drags me away by the arm. I let him drag me, seeing as he is strong and can handle it, and also that I was feeling rather lazy this morning.

"I can't believe we took a vacation from school just to go to another school." I sigh, still being dragged by Lucas.

"Sorry, Pancake, but you signed up for this." Lucas replied not even turning around as he dragged me into the elevator. He clicked the lobby button and we whooshed off down to the first floor. The elevator dinged and the doors slid open to reveal a small crowd of Freshman. They all look our way and I blush under all the eyes on us.

"Where were you two? We've been waiting for an hour!" Farkle complains. He was wearing three coats, two pairs of pants, Ugg boots, earmuffs, a beanie, and a fanny pack. Classic Farkle.

"Hardly. It's been two minutes." I respond sassily.

You'd think a genius like him would he able to tell time.

"I was being hyperbolic, Maya." Farkle glared at me.

Geez who woke you up on the wrong side of the bed?

"Or in case you don't know what that means, I'll dumb it down for you. I'm exaggerating." Farkle scoffs. I glare at him, not at all liking this pessimistic Farkle.

"Cut it out, Farkle. Let's not waste time arguing." Lucas said, stepping in front of me, as if to protect to me from the damage of his words.

"Okay, class, settle down. We really don't want to be late on your first day." Mr. Matthews said. He ushered us out the doors and into the freezing cold NYC air and biting wind. My teeth chattered and my legs shook. It told all the restraint I could muster to not run back into the hotel. We walked against the icy wind for several blocks, though it felt like a thousand miles, before stopping in front of a big brick building. The golden sign on the front read: NYU Administration, in black letters.

We walked inside and Mr. Matthews greeted the lady behind the counter, explaining our entire story. The inside of the building was decorated with picture frames of the classes, dating all the way back to 1936, and about one hundred little golden bells sat in corner of the room on a table. I stared at them curiously.

Must be some weird tradition.

The lady nodded and gave him a clipboard filled with white stickers, name tags, and instructed him to pass them out. Once all name tags were distributed and read all of our names, the administrator gave us a warm smile and gestured for us to follow her. She opened the doors and led us out into the now bright, but still cold, day.

"Welcome to New York University!"

--------------

Just so we're clear, next chapter will include the actual school day and some dra-zaaaama! yes I meant to put the z. if you like this story or maybe just this chapter, you can vote for it and/or add it to your reading list! so yeah. Don't forget to vote/comment/follow me!!! have a wonderful day lovelies!!

kylie