Sting Eucliffe?

"Why is Papa always by himself Mamma?" I ask nobody. Mamma was gone, I can't see her in the Celestial Spirit World. Seven year old me was silly, ten year old me knows that.

It's been three years since Mamma passed away, and I haven't seen Natsu or Papa for a very long time. I haven't had much sleep recently either, I keep thinking about how life would've been if Mamma was around.

I wouldn't be lonely, Papa would love me and my friends, and I could see Natsu more often. My home isn't warm anymore, no one loves me like Mamma did. Even the staff can't replace that warmth Mamma had.

I stare at the necklace Mamma had given me, it was a golden and silver key with a red, orange and yellow flame design around the top. It's bells jingled in the wind.

I'd given the bracelet version to Natsu, I wonder of he still has it. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. "Lucy-san, your father wants you!" Spetto-san, one of our maids calls through the door.

"I'll be ready in a minute!" I state excitedly. Papa wanted to see me! I quickly open the door and follow Spetto-san to his office. "Papa, I'm here!" I knocked on the door. "Come in." He says.

When I opened the door, I saw a little blonde boy with a white haired woman. Papa was looking out the window wall. The turned around and said, "This is Sting Eucliffe. When you are older, we'll have you two married."

I look at Papa in disbelief. Why would I need to marry a boy I don't even know? "Go on you two, get to know each other." His mother pushed him towards me. I jump and leave the room, Sting-kun following me.

He closes the door behind him. "I don't want to marry you!" We both blurt out when we were out of earshot of out parents. "Well now that that's covered, how about we become 'just friends'?" Sting-kun says. "Good idea Sting-kun! So if we want to be friends, we have to learn more about each other." I smile

"Okay Lucy-chan, what's your favourite colour?" Sting-kun asks. "My favourite colour is pink, my favourite shade is salmon, what about yours?"

"I like the colour white the most. Maybe because I'm Light Dragon Slayer." He shrugs. "Wow! You're a Dragon Slayer?! That's amazing! I'm only a Celestial Mage." I look away. "Wow, I reckon that's amazing! Celestial Mages are so rare and they have so many friends! Isn't that cool?" He says.

"You know how to make a girl happy don't you?" I smile sadly. "Well... I guess..." He smiles nervously and scratches the back of his neck. "Um, back to being friends, do you have any pets?" I inquire.

"I used to have a pet goldfish, but some bird ate it. So I don't have one anymore." He answers with a shrug. "Oh, I would've thought you were a cat person!" I smile. "I might get a cat when I'm older, do you have any pets?"

I shake my head. "Oh well, maybe you'll get one when you're older too!" I suddenly got a fantastic idea. "Do you want to go to the entertainment room? We've got a few gaming consoles!" Sting-kun's face instantly brightened.

"Lucy-chan, you seriously know how to make a boy happy!" I grin at his compliment.

                                                                           *

Sting-kun and I played a whole heap of games, including a lot of Mario games, racing games and puzzles. When it was time for him to go, I told him I'd keep all the scores as they are so we can beat them when he comes back.

"See ya Lucy-chan, we'll be buddies for life!" I nod and wave them goodbye. "Papa, I don't think we'll be getting married. I think you'll find someone with more money." I say. I walk to my room without waiting for a reply.