I'm a coward

Natsu and I walked through the a Guild doors with serious faces. Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared. "What's wrong Lu-chan?" Levy asked. I looked at her, and then at the floor. I couldn't say it. I couldn't tell them.

"Lisanna's been kidnapped." Natsu said simply. Tears welled up in my eyes as the Guild gasped. "By who?!" Gray yelled from the bar. "Luce, take over." Natsu whispered, but not unkindly. "A-A man... His name is Isamu Hamasaki... And he uses dark dragon slaying... And teleportation magic..." I said quietly.

Everyone leaned in close to hear. When they understood what I had said, they roared. I covered my ears and retreated to the far wall. I leaned on it, sliding down. I sat there, curled up in a ball, in the corner. People were yelling out questions, all directed at Natsu. He couldn't handle so many, so he got up on a table and yelled over them.

"SHUT. UP! GEEZ! AT LEAST TALK ONE AT A TIME SO I CAN ANSWER!!!"

Everyone apologised quickly. "Who was it again?" Levy asked. "A man named Isamu Hamasaki. Lucy seemed to know him." I didn't look up. I heard him hiss something but I didn't know what he said. "When did he get Lisanna?" Mira asked angrily. "We were going home and poof, he teleported her away. We don't know where he went." He added.

"How long ago was this?" Gray inquired. "Uh... Two hours ago." Natsu answered. I felt horrible, it was my fault she'd gone missing. "Lucy... It wasn't your fault." Mira said. I jumped. I didn't even notice her. "Y-Yes it was." My eyes teared up, but they didn't fall yet again. "It wasn't sweetie. How would it be your fault anyway?" She said soothingly.

"I-Isamu's been after me for a while now. I ran away, so he's been looking."

Mirajane frowned. "I don't see how this could've been your fault." She said. "He likes to play Mira. He likes to mess with your emotions." I said quietly. "I still don't get it."
"He wanted to play with us, with me. He saw me with friends, and he wanted to see what I'd do if he took one away."

I stared at her with sadness. She stood up and held out a hand. "We'll find her. We need your help." Mira said determinedly. "I-I can't. I don't know how." I answer. "Oh nonsense... Where does he live?" Mira looked evil. "The Hamasaki Estate...?" She nodded and walked away, getting Levy-chan to get a map.

She pinpointed the area, somehow, and sent a team consisting of Natsu, Gray, Erza, Wendy and herself to the station to get there. She pulled me along with her, and we followed them. "Don't worry we'll find her Luce." Natsu said determinedly. "Hello
Lucy-san! I'm Wendy!" Wendy waved. "Hello." I said politely.

"So, Lucy, what's this Isamu guy like?" The red haired Mage asked. "He's like a child. He teases you like you're his little experiment." Erza frowned. "Teasing?" Gray questioned. I nodded. "You have to be really careful." The others looked at me. "I feel like there's more but you don't want to say it." Mira said. Everyone nodded.

"Lucy-san, it's okay for you to say what you need to. It will stay with us and us only." Wendy said kindly. "I-I can't." I looked down at the footpath. "Okay, but if it's important, we're going to need to know." Erza said. I didn't know she could be gentle. She looked and sounded too much like a warrior.

I took a shaky breath, in and out. "I-I don't know i-if it's important, but he has a basement full of d-dangerous things." I said quietly. No one said anything, so I just let it sink in.

*

We sat on the train, Natsu trying not to vomit, Wendy comforting him, Erza whacking him unconscious in the end and Mira talking to Gray. I sat quietly, wondering if I could trust the others with my secret. "Lucy-san, are you okay?" Wendy asked. I nodded, lying. She made a face, like she was unsure of something. Maybe she saw through my lie, your body language always shows the truth after all.

"I hate to ask, but Lucy, are you hiding something?" Mira said, looking away from Natsu and straight at me. I just shook my head. "Alright then..." She trailed off, letting me keep my silence. I couldn't hide anything if Mira and Wendy knew I was lying. I glanced at Erza, and I instantly saw that she wanted to ask if I was lying.

Gray was looking out the window so I wasn't sure what he was thinking. I shook my head, and like the coward I was, didn't tell them anything.

*

"Lucy lead the way!" Gray said. "All I remember are hallways, never ending hallways." I said darkly. "But—"
"We'll just break through the walls." Natsu cracked his knuckles and grinned like a maniac. "For once, I agree with Natsu. If you can't be bothered to walk around, just destroy the walls." Erza smiled.

"Wait—!" Wendy started.

The wind pushed Natsu's fire's heat towards us. He punched through the wall, yelling in triumph. The smoke cleared away, leaving a large hole we could clamber through. "There's a door..." Wendy ended. "Oh." The Dragonslayer chuckled. "Let's go." Erza commanded, and ran through with a sword gleaming in her hands. The boys followed, along with Mirajane.

Wendy and I shrugged, we climbed through the hole and followed the enthusiastic people.

Memories attacked me as I recognised the walls and the curving design that ran along the bottom. The mats on the floor were exactly the same shade of red, none of it had faded. I looked down the hallway, feeling as if I needed to go there. I turned and walked past the painting of some person with black hair, eyes and a naughty smile. "Lucy-san?"
I didn't answer because I was too busy remembering directions.

I felt a tug at my hand.

I looked down to see Wendy staring at me. "Oh, I—I think I remember the way. The others are already gone right? We'll go this way." I said, following the instructions that I gave myself. After many turns and lots of walking, down a set of stairs, we finally found a hallway with a door. I looked at the handle, imagining the Dark Dragonslayer opening it and closing it. "Lucy-san are you going to open it?" The bluenette next to me asked.

"Y-Yeah." I stammered. My fingers touched the cold metal and more memories zapped at me. I slowly pushed the handle down, and surprisingly, it opened. The room was exactly the same. Icy cold, dark, and damp. We heard the eerie sound of chains rattling and muffled screaming. I slammed the door open, the light from the hallway lighting up a rectangle on the ground in front of us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Silly_Little_Chump

Welcome to the corner of the LazyAsses.
It's been a very long time since I've looked at this book, and that's entirely my fault. 😋
Hopefully you've had a good day, if you haven't, I suggest eating something sweet and watching your favourite shows.
Well, if you enjoyed the chapter, have any questions, or you just wanna comment, do it.
Have a great day/night!

16/2/18 oh my god I'm so sorry. This is never going to be finished. Lol bye