Chapter 1

March 12 2008

Dear Diary...
It's a beautiful day today. I can see how bright the sun is and I can hear how stunning the birds sound and I can definitely admit that I'm in love!
I know that I'm only a freshman in high school but God he's just perfect! His name is Alex, and he's the cutest thing ever! I think we will have cute babies in the future. I'm not sure that he knows that I exist tho, he's a junior soon to be senior, but what if I skipped a class or two, will we be together then? Well I know I could get him to date me if it weren't for this brat Angie, she's literally everywhere he goes. She calls him bae more than the times it was mentioned on tumblr. I so do hate the fact that they're together. I mean, he's so sweet and gentle and she's the wicked witch of the south! They have this matching hoodie that says 'The A Team', I feel like throwing up my lunch whenever I see them in it.
She kinda looks good in white tho, really brings out the colour of her eyes, which is grey by the way.
No, I don't even know how does she have such eyes that make you fall more and more in love it's like drowning in an endless ocean where you only reach the bottom when you're ready to breathe again. Wow, that explains why Alex is so attached to her.
Night!
Mel x
I laughed as I put my 4 year old diary back on my desk, it's been four years, graduation is right around the corner, and not a day passes that I don't think about The A Team shirt and how ugly it was. It's funny how the world turns.

As you can see by now, my name is Melody, I am half British and half French, yet I live in the UK, I struggle daily but it's okay. My father has a PhD in International Law and my mother is a designer that has her clothing line everywhere in Paris. She was the one that created torn jeans, she claims it was an accident that was too wrong it became right. However, I'm aimed to going to Oxford and get my law degree just like my father, hoping that life would welcome me with a ray of sunshine. I go to Sandrock high school. One of the best high schools in the UK, hoping that one day I'll graduate and get done with it.

Coming back to my senses, I felt my head getting heavy. Queuing it was time to go to bed. I turned off the lights and pulled my bedsheets off crawling beneath them feeling their warmth. It was still freezing outside. It took me two minutes and I was already falling asleep.

6:03 am
I peeked opening one eye keeping the other shot, I still had time to get up, so I preferred to stay in bed for about 10 more minutes. I was addicted, sleep was my drug, my bed was my dealer, and my Mum was and still is the FBI. I glanced once more at the clock next to my bed, and I realised that my 10 minutes relaxation before getting up expanded to 20 minutes, and now I was running late.

6:23 am

"Shit!"
I murmured jumping out of my bed.

"Melody Cassandra L'veloise! You better be half way through getting dressed or else you're gonna be late!"
I heard mum yelling from the kitchen.

"I'm almost done mother!"
I yelled back looking at the mess I'm in.

My hair was fuzzy and my clothes were wrinkled, they both needed to be straightened out, and I needed to head straight out the door in 35 minutes. Without hesitation, I put on sweatpants instead of the jeans I was planning to wear, and put on a quick nike blouse and tied my hair into a bun. I tried tying it into a messy bun but I did the messy part leaving out the bun. I still had 20 minutes out of the 35 and I preferred to do my make up rather than grab a bite. At least something would look good about me today, plus, food is way too overrated.

"Mel you're gonna be late c'mom!"
My mother called knocking my bedroom door.

"In a minute!"
I replied putting on my final touches and taking a final look at how I look today.