Chapter Nine (Part 3/4)

Groovie Smoothie -Layla's Work- (Jc's p.o.v)
I walked into Layla's work and sat down at a table, I looked around and didn't see Layla so I decided to scroll through instagram till she came to my table. I waited for about 5 minutes till Layla came up to my table.

"Hey!" She said and sat down across from me, she took off her work hat and looked up at me and smiled.
"Hey." I replied. "Nice place to work, I love smoothies. How long have you been working here?" I asked her.
"About a year. I didn't know you loved smoothies. Did you want me to make you one?" She asked me. I nodded and smiled.
"Sure, I'll take the Banana Blast." I said and smiled. She nodded her head and put her hat back on, I smiled again as she walked away. I went back on my phone when I got a message from Kian.

From: My Love <3 (Text Message)
-Parasailing was great! You should have been there, it was absolutely amazing. Hallie was scared at first but then Nicky and I helped her through it and she was fine, we even got to stay up there and watch the sunset. It would have been perfect with you there. Miss you!-

I smiled at the text. I knew the kids would love parasailing. I looked up at Layla who was making my smoothie. She looked over at me and smiled, I smiled back then went back to my phone.

To: My Love <3 (Text Message)
-Lol, I knew the kids would love it. Remember the time we went parasailing and I was scared but you helped me through it? That's just like what you and Nicky did for Hallie. And I miss you to, I'll be back at the hotel later. I'm catching up with Layla at her work. Talk to you later, I love you.-

Kian responded within seconds but I didn't bother responding back, I already said what had needed to be said. I locked my phone and looked up as Layla came back over to the table with my smoothie and another one in her hand, it must be for her. I smiled as she set down the smoothies.

"Order number 81 for Mr.Caylen-Lawley." She said and smiled. As soon as she said that it reminded me of the time I went to Kian's work and ordered food.

Flashback:
"Order #27 for Mr.Caylen" Kian said to me and set down the tray. I looked up at him and smiled big.
"Thank you Mr.Lawley." I said and giggled a little. I turned my head and Kian sat down in the booth next to me.
"Are we still on for tonight?" Kian asked me as I started eating. I just remembered that Kian and I were going out tonight.
"Yeah totally." I said and gave him a smile.
"Awesemm dudee, I'll call you later tonight. I should get back to work." Kian told me. I nodded my head and watched as he got up from the booth. Kian looked back at me and smiled. I smiled back and he turned around and continued with work.

End of Flashback.

"Uh, thanks Layla." I said once I snapped out of that memory. I remember that day like it was yesterday. It was when Kian and I had that really bad break-up and so I went to his work and talked out everything, and then I asked him out and then we started dating again. Now we are married. I love how I can remember those bad and good memories and compare them to now, everything is so different.
"Your welcome." Layla said then she sat down next to me. I smiled faintly and she smiled back. We began drinking our smoothies and I started feeling weird.
"Layla...What...did...you..put in this...drink..?" I said with pauses. I felt a major headache coming on and I felt sick to my stomach.
"Oh nothing, it's just a normal drink Jc." She said and had a devilish grin on her face. I couldn't keep my eyes open and soon I blacked out.

4 Hours Later back at the Hotel (Kian's p.o.v):
"Where's Jc?" Hallie asked me. I turned around and looked at her. I shrugged and she frowned.
"I don't know, but I'm sure he will come back." I told her. She nodded her head and flopped down onto the bed.
"How much longer do you think he will be with that Layla girl? He's not cheating, is he?" Nicky asked me. I looked at him and I was about to burst into tears.
"Nicky! Of course he's not cheating on daddy Kian! Have more faith in him!" Hallie said. I looked at her and smiled.
"Whatever. He honestly seems like he is. Being gone for so long and not returning any calls or texts and he was with her last. Makes sense to believe he's cheating." Nicky said. I couldn't take it anymore! I ran into the bathroom and bursted into tears. I slammed the door shut and sat down on the toilet. I started sobbing when Hallie came in. I looked up at her and she frowned. She shut the door behind her and sat on the floor next to me.
"Daddy Kian, it will be okay. I know he's not cheating. Nicky just gets like that sometimes, you know that. Once Daddy Jc comes back everything will be back to normal." Hallie said and she began rubbing my back. I let out little sobs and they were followed by 'Shh's' made from Hallie. Her soothing 'Shh's' and her rubbing my back made me feel a little better. But I couldn't stand the thought that Jc might actually be cheating on me. It made me feel sick. It also made me feel so weird that my kids know so much about relationships especially Hallie who's in 5th grade. I barely knew about dating and all that at her and Nicky's age.
"And what if everything isn't back to normal?" I asked her. She got up and pulled me into a hug.
"I promise it will be. This isn't like before. You've been through so much together, he wouldn't just throw that away. Maybe this time he will actually think before he acts." She whispered, I closed my eyes as she hugged me tight. I hugged her even tighter then eventually let go. She smiled at me and wiped my tears.
"You know, your pretty smart for a 5th grader." I told her and she giggled.
"You could say that. Or I just read a lot of romance books and pay a lot of attention to you and Jc's relationship. Plus, I care a lot more than you think." She said and smiled. I smiled back then she took my hand and we walked out of the bathroom. I walked over to Nicky and gave him a hug. He smiled and we all climbed into bed and began watching a movie. I soon fell asleep cause it didn't matter when Jc came home and if I was up to see him walk through the door or not. I know he's not cheating on me. Not this time.

Layla's House (Jc's p.o.v):
I woke up and seen Layla on-top of me, naked! I tried to get up but I noticed I was tied to the bed. I couldn't get out. I looked to the right where there was a clock on the side table. The clock read 11:53pm. I needed to get back to MY hotel with Kian and the kids! Kian's probably worried sick about me. I turned my head and looked at Layla, she let out a soft moan which made me feel sick.

"Layla! What the fuck is going on here?!" I shouted at her and I tried to get up again.
"Calm down Jc, I know this is what you want. In fact we both want it." She said and smirked. I tried so desperately to get up. I got really angry at Layla. She used me and all for sex. I seen someone walk by in the hallway and I remembered that Layla told me that she had a roommate. What was her name again? Alice? Alex? ALEXANDRA!!!  That's her name.
"Alexandra help!!!!" I shouted as loud as I could. I got her attention cause she bursted in the room. She pulled Layla off of me and began un-tying me.
"Layla, what are you doing to him?!" Alexandra asked Layla. I was going to ask her the same thing.
"Alex, you know he wanted it to! Don't hate me for something we both wanted!" Layla yelled at Alex.
"Layla, we all know that that is not true." Alex said and she untied the last tie off of me. I got up and grabbed my clothes from the floor and ran out of the room. I got dressed in the living room and started walking out of the house towards the beach. I walked right out to the beach and threw my shoes down on the sand. All I could hear was the waves coming up to shore and it was dark outside but the moon lit up the beach. I felt someone touch my shoulder and it was Alexandra.
"Hey, I am really sorry about Layla. I've been living with her for quite a while and since her mom died, sister and brother left, she's a bit unstable. So I really do apologize for what happened back there." Alex told me. I nodded my head. "I'm Alexandra by the way but you can call me Alex." Alex said and she held out her hand. I smiled and shook it.
"I'm Jc." I told her, she nodded and smiled.
"I know your not a local, so where are you from?" She asked me.
"I'm from Texas but I live with my husband and two kids back in California." I told her, she smiled and nodded.
"Ahh. Yeah I'm not a local either, I'm actually from Germany. I moved here a few years ago." She told me. I nodded my head. She smiled then looked down at her watch. "Well it's already 12am so I should get back and get Layla situated. Here's my number if you ever need to talk about Layla or in case of another emergency." She said and handed me her number. I smiled and nodded my head.
"Have a goodnight Alex." I said and smiled. She walked away then turned back and smiled.
"You to Jc." She said. She waved goodbye then walked back to her house. I grabbed my shoes and went back to the hotel. Once I got into the room, I seen Kian sleeping with Nicky on one side and Hallie on the other. I smiled then turned off the tv. I climbed into the other bed and layed my head down on the pillow. I fell right asleep. But before I went to sleep I thought of how I was ever going to tell Kian about what happened without ruining us and the whole trip. I needed a plan and fast before he finds out about it from someone other than me.

-----
Eyyo! It's your fave Destiny lolz. I'm currently listening to 'for him' by Troye Sivan. I'm so obsessed with every single song Troye makes. I'm hoping to see him in concert soon, its gon be lit lolz. Okay whale i'm going to update my other books now! I love you guys so much, thanks for all your reads, votes, and comments and being basically awesome in every way. Stay Strong because you are beautiful and worth it. I'm always here to talk if you ever need me. Pm me or dm me on instagram if you ever need to talk or for other things! (y4ydestiny) << is my instagram. And also follow Alex/Alexandra who is in this book as Layla's roomate! Her username is: tronnorsarizona. So go ahead and follow her! Mkay whalee ilysm byeeee!! <3