Chapter Eleven

2 Days Later (Kian's p.o.v):
I walked into the house after dropping the kids off at school and I plopped down on the couch. It had been 2 days and Jc still hadn't came home. I had beginning to give up hope on him coming home. I just don't understand why he wouldn't come home yet. I received no calls, no texts or even emails from him. The kids have also not got any texts from him. What was keeping Jc from coming home? He was with us that one morning at the hotel when I was taking the kids scuba diving and then he vanished. I'm going to call people and see if they have heard from him and then if no one has then I will just have to wait and see if he comes home. If he ever does.

I decided to call Lia first because Layla is her sister and Layla was the last person Jc was with on the trip. The phone rang a few times then Lia finally answered.

"Hey Kian, what's up?" Lia said.
"Hi, sorry to call you at work but it's important." I told her. I hope I wasn't interrupting her work time, I also hoped she knew something about where Jc might be.
"It's okay, I'm on break right now anyways. So what's so important?" Lia asked me.
"It's about Jc. I'm pretty sure Hallie told you that we were taking a trip to Hawaii and when we did, your sister and Jc reunited and started hanging out." I began. "And all through-out the trip, Jc kept ditching us for Layla and the last day we were in Hawaii, he vanished and hasn't come home." I told her, she sighed and I sighed back.
"Has he texted you or anything?" She asked. I shook my head even though she couldn't see it.
"Nope, not even texted the kids. That's why I called you. To see if maybe your sister had been in touch and knows where Jc is or if Jc called you." I said.
"No he hasn't called me or texted. And I can't really call my sister. I sort of left her when I was Hawaii and we left on a bad note. I don't have her number or anything. I'm sorry Kian." Lia said. I appreciated her help but it really wasn't much help.
"It's okay. Thank you anyways Lia." I told her.
"Your welcome. Hope all goes well and he comes home. I'm sure he will." Lia said which gave me some bit of hope. I smiled even though we are talking on the phone.
"Me too. Talk to you later. Bye." I said.
"Bye bye!" Lia said then I hung up the phone.

The last person that I knew to call that would even be in touch with Jc was Jc. I had to call him. This is probably the 3rd time I called him since we left Hawaii. I dialed his number then waited for him to answer. It rung 5 times then went to voicemail, as I figured.

"Hey! You've reached Jc. And Hallie! It's also Nicky!" I heard the voicemail say. "And Kian Lawley." I heard me say and then I heard Jc and I kiss in the background. "Ewww." Hallie and Nicky said in the voicemail. It brought tears to my eyes cause I remember exactly when we made that voicemail. We were all watching Home Alone last Christmas and Hallie, right out of the blue though that we should all be in each others voicemail boxes. So of course we agreed and did that. "Give it a shiggit yo." I laughed at that. "Byeee." We all said at the same time and then the beeb went off indicating that I need to leave my voicemail. I paused and thought about what I needed to say to him. Then I realized what I needed to say.

"Um. Hey. Jc, it's Kian which you. Already knew. But um, this is probably my 3rd voicemail maybe more, I can't really keep track cause it might be a lot. But I just wanted to know like um, if you were still coming home or not." I said strongly. "You haven't called or texted any of us since the trip and I feel like your not coming home anymore. I am beginning to lose hope." I said with a tear coming down my cheek. "Jc, I don't want to lose you. But at this point I have no choice. I have to let you go. Obviously you want to let go because we've called you so much and you have returned any of them. You haven't came home and the kids miss you. I miss you. I'm not asking for a divorce. I just would like a break right now. I think it's best for both of us, if we have a break to sort things out." I said and I tried to hold it in from breaking down into tears on the phone. "You just really let me down this time. Goodbye Jc." I said then hung up the phone. Once I hung up the phone I broke down in tears. I had given up Jc once maybe more than one but this time it was different. Back then it was just me and him. Now we have two kids along with us. How am I supposed to tell them that his dad won't be coming around for a while? They have already been without parents and now they will have to be without the other parent for a while. And I hate myself for putting my kids through this but I also hate myself for giving up so easily on Jc. But it just shows that some people are worth fighting for but when you've tried so many times and you feel like you've lost that battle, it's time to give up. And that's exactly what I did.

Back In Hawaii (Jc's p.o.v):
"Jc, I don't want to lose you. But at this point I have no choice. I have to let you go. Obviously you want to let go because we've called you so much and you haven't returned any of them. You haven't came home and the kids miss you. I miss you. I'm not asking for a divorce. I would just like a break right now." I heard the voicemail Kian left me. I tried not to break down in tears with everyone around me. Alex and I went to the police station to file a report against Layla. I was outside of the building taking a break, I decided to look at my phone finally but now I wish I didn't. I knew it would break me more but I decided to listen to rest of the voicemail.

Once I got done listening to it those last words Kian said came replaying in my head. 'You just really let me down this time. Goodbye Jc.' I was so caught up with Alex working to get Layla help that I didn't pay attention to what matters most to me. My family. Why have I been so clueless?! I lost them. I sat down on the steps outside of the police station and I put my head in my hands. It was better to cry that way. I began to cry and then I felt a touch on my shoulder. I looked up and seen Alex faintly smiling at me.

"Are you okay?" She asked me.
"Yes." I lied.
"Are you lying?" She asked.
"Yes." I said honestly. I wasn't okay. I was broken. She frowned then sat down next to me. She put her arm around me and I laid my head down on her shoulder. "Kian wants to take a break." I told her softly.
"I'm sorry Jc. About everything." She said.
"Why would you be sorry? You didn't cause any of this." I told her and she sighed.
"Yeah I know but still. Layla ruined your whole trip and may have ruined your relationship with both Kian and your kids. I could have easily stopped all of this from happening." She said. I nodded my head slowly and she sighed once again.
"It's okay. It's all my fault. Not yours. I chose to talk to her when I knew it was bothering Kian. I need to get home." I told her and I picked my head up. "And your coming with me." I told her. She paused and looked at me for a minute then a smile appeared on her face.
"But what about Layla and getting her help?" She asked me. Her smile faded once she said Layla's name.
"Don't worry, we can get her help back in Cali. Come on, let's go." I told her and grabbed her hand. She smiled and nodded her head. We got up from the steps and ran down them.
Next stop, Los Angeles, California.
-----
It's almost 2am, holy shit lolz. Tomorrow's Valentine's Day and I won't be alone! I actually haven't been alone for the past two years on Valentine's Day woo! Anyways, have a good Valentine's Day tomorrow whether your alone or with someone! ilygsm, byeee! -Destiny💘