When You Can't Walk Away

(Um, feels warning. Beware of those. They'll get ya if you're paying attention.)

Domino-

Seeing Jana stride across the court was a surprise. Having not seen the man for an entire week while he was in isolation, he didn't expected to see him allowed out again so soon. Jana looked as predatory as always, yet the way he held himself and the bandages clearly visible on his bare chest and right knuckles made Domino eager to tear them away to reveal the healing injuries they're hiding.

Such beautiful wounds. Sad that they're hidden behind those worthless bandages.

Instead of heading toward the basketball courts like he'd planned, Domino turned and began walking in Jana's direction. Tommy, the guy's personal pimply escort saw Domino immediately and began shaking his head, yet he refused to do as the guard wanted.

Stepping onto the tennis court, Domino grabbed the spare racket Tommy had brought and lifted it with a smirk, nodding to Jana. "Ready to sweat?" He asked as he walked inside the lines, getting into a starting position.

He watched silently as Jana and Tommy spoke, their voices too quiet to be heard. Tommy did most of the talking anyway, while Jana mainly glared between him and Domino. When he finally walked over and retrieved the second racket hanging on the fence, then took his place in front of the net after grabbing a ball, Domino knew he was going to get a game.

Jana's first serve took Domino by surprise... And nearly hit him right between the legs. He managed to lift his leg up just in time for it to block the ball from dropping him. Still, the hit hurt. Jana hadn't held back an ounce of power. Shrugging off the hit, Domino retrieved the ball and served, sending as much of his own strength as he could along with it.

He didn't think Jana would be fast enough to catch the ball before it went out of bounds but the man managed to do it, just barely snagging it with his racket to send it back over the net. Domino returned it to the opposite side of the court, forcing Jana to run in order to try and catch it again. He would have likely managed it if he hadn't tripped on a shoelace and crashed to the hard asphalt.

Domino was contemplating whether to go over and see if he was alright when Jana suddenly jumped back to his feet, then turned to face him. Blood ran in rivulets from his nose, making Domino's heart thrum faster as he licked his lips. He didn't think the simple gesture would cause a reaction, but Jana actually narrowed his eyes and quickly swiped his arm across his mouth, smearing the blood. His entire body seemed to shiver from the muscles tensing beneath the surface. 

Shit. I don't want to start another fight already but it looks like he might just snap again. Domino thought warily as he did his best to stand completely still and not meet the man's burning gaze. For having such dark eyes, they suddenly seemed to shine quite brightly under the afternoon sun. It also sucked to have to visibly submit to the man, but at least they didn't have much attention. He wasn't a fool, either. He'd seen Jana attack twice and could tell that he was on the edge of deciding whether to try again or not.

When Jana's body finally relaxed a small amount, Domino let out the breath he had been holding and looked over to Tommy, who hurried to throw him a new ball. The man also looked like he had been worried something was about to happen.

Grinning, Domino caught the ball and hurried to serve it so that they could push past the previous tension. Instead of hitting the ball back, Jana caught it with little effort and then knelt down. Setting the ball on the asphalt, he slowly undid the shoelaces on his shoes, then removed them. Tommy jogged over when Jana straitened back up and took his shoes over to the sidelines.