Raindrop

Jana-

(Been waiting to see that name, haven't ya? Eh? Yup. I knew it.)

Domino-

(Nah, I wouldn't do that to you for this chapter XD)

Jana-

Lifting his head, Jana leveled his eyes on his new parole panel. They hadn't told him that the people could change, and he knew little to nothing about the new people, except for Christopher. He had been early this time, instead of late, but Jana wasn't sure if he was happy about him being the only one he recognized.

Feeling familiar eyes on the back of his head made him relax his tense body slightly. Domino was allowed to sit in again, which was one of the reasons why Jana was able to sit mostly still. His left foot tapped, but his bare heel made no sound on the linoleum floor.

I love the rain. I can hear the thunder... His new voice thought to him as a rumble boomed overhead.

His body itched to go outside, and he would have requested to hold the whole scenario in the rain, but knew that it wouldn't work. People didn't normally like running through the rain, let alone sitting in it. He loved feeling the water pelt his tired. Loved the too-loud thunder as lightning cracked nearby, muting the voices.

I'll be one of the good ones, you'll see. His new voice reminded him, making Jana skeptical. He didn't trust it after he had felt himself nearly lose control of his own body when it first appeared. He'd hugged Tera and let Domino hold him. Fuck, he had wanted to get away. To lash out.

The light pressure in his mind from the other presence shrunk back slightly, then a little more when everyone's attention turned from his files they had been reviewing, to him.

"Hello, Jana. It's nice to meet you. We have all gone over your files again and would like to ask you a few questions, if you're ready?" A woman asked. He had a feeling that they'd introduced themselves before, but he hadn't cared to remember their names.

When he nodded, she smiled and leaned forward, arms on the desk, fake smile on her face.

"What do you plan to do with your life once you are allowed parole?"

The idea of answering the same as he had before came to mind, but then the voice from before nudged its way back into his thoughts. You would have to teach college, and it would be very hard to secure a job of that kind with your history. Try something a little smaller for now.

He didn't want something smaller. He wanted what he wanted! Anger welled in his chest as he felt his body tense. He wanted the voice gone. He didn't need it. I only want to help us, Jana. It reminded him, making his teeth grind together in frustration.

"Eventually... I want to be a chemistry teacher. Probably for college, because of my record." He growled out after another moment of tense silence.

The woman nodded, then opened her mouth to ask another question, but seemed to think better of it. She closed her mouth and allowed the man next to her, whom had a balding head and the girth of a small elephant, to take over.

"Our records indicate that you have someone willing to help you once you're out, so that you aren't on the streets. Is that person still willing to help?"

Jana fidgeted, looking over his shoulder at Domino for a brief moment before returning his attention to the man. "Yes. Plans have changed, though. Domino's friend has agreed to help me until he is out. I will have a place to live."

The man raised a brow. "The man's name?"

"I only know his first name. Orion." Jana replied.

RecklessOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara