Epilogue

(Thank you for following Domino, Christopher, Tommy and of course, Jana, my insane amazing baby through their (way too many feels) story. Stay tuned for a Coming Soon chapter with our new friend, A.J. together with the continuation of Chris and Tommy in the 3rd story)

Tommy-

Hearing the front door creak open quietly, then close with an almost-mute click made Tommy glance up from the book he was reading on Christopher's Kindle. He didn't think that he'd like it much, but to his surprise, the fantasy story was quite interesting. It was the third one in the series, though, which made it a bit confusing because he hadn't read the first two. That was mainly because Christopher had pointed out his error in choosing the third one first, and Tommy didn't want to seem like he'd made a mistake, so he said he had read the other two before.

Of course, he could tell that I was lying, somehow. He thought as he rolled his eyes and put the screen on sleep mode. The door to the spare bedroom opened a moment later, revealing a disheveled, and if Tommy was being absolutely honest, delicious, Christopher. Tommy wanted to ask him if he was alright, and pull him into his lap for comfort, but he knew that there was a more pressing issue that took priority right then.

"Is Jana safe?"

Christopher had been helping him get settled into his house, as he hadn't thought Tommy was ready to go back to his own place yet, when Domino had called from prison. Needless to say, everything had been dropped and Christopher had run out the door, sleep-deprived eyes suddenly on full alert.

Of course, Tommy had wanted to go, too, considering Jana was someone he did honestly care about, but Christopher hadn't even given him a chance to ask if he could. Christopher shrugged out of his wrinkled doctor's coat at the same time he kicked off his shoes, then dropped onto the edge of the bed beside Tommy with a tired sigh.

"Yes. We got to him in time."

Relief washed over Tommy as he heard the words he'd been hoping for. "Is he with Domino or at a hospital?" He asked.

"Domino. There was someone else there, too, that looked far too much like him if he were in his teens again. I have no idea who he is, as I only got his name, which was A.J., but the resemblance was scary. He was about to jump, too, but for some reason, he hung onto Jana."

The information boggled Tommy's mind. A younger version of Jana, about to jump when his older version suddenly appears to do the same?

"That makes no sense." He said after a moment.

Christopher gave out a deep chuckle and flopped over onto the bed, yawning the moment his head hit the only pillow that wasn't helping prop Tommy up so that he was comfortable.

"Don't tell me you have another shift tonight," Tommy whispered as he hesitantly reached over to place his hand on top of Christopher's soft mussed blond hair. When he didn't receive a response, he gently brushed aside the strands blocking his view of Christopher's face, then shook his head as a sad smile spread across his lips at the look of exhaustion he wore.

Christopher's phone decided to ring right at that moment, drawing the man slowly out of his doze as he reached for it where it rested in his pocket. Tommy watched, knowing that he should move his hand, but for once, he didn't care. In fact, as Christopher brought the phone toward his ear, eyes mostly closed, Tommy began to run his thumb just beneath the man's right eye, rubbing along the dark smudges that seemed to be an almost permanent part of his handsome face now.

"Please... just today, Sir. Please, rest." He said quietly, afraid that if he rose his voice and risked letting his dominant side come out, it might have the opposite effect.