What Words Can Never Say

Jana-

"Hey Jana?"

Looking up, Jana stared across the table as a man sat down dressed in doctor's scrubs and a white coat. Immediately, he knew that he was Emmet's replacement. Why he was there at that moment, he also felt like he knew. The man had sent him several invitations to meet him anywhere he felt comfortable over the past several weeks, but Jana never felt comfortable anywhere, and definitely didn't want to deal with a new person trying to get under his skin.

He wished, at that very moment, that the man had never come out of his infirmary. No doubt. He's Emmet's brother. He thought sourly, not wanting to believe it, but not being able to deny it, either. The man, while very similar-looking to his brother, older or younger, did nothing for Jana's cold heart.

"Go away." He said before looking back down at the apple he hadn't touched yet. Jana barely ever ate, which made it twice as hard to keep up his body. That meant he needed to do more work, though, and he loved it.

When the man refused to leave and instead took out a folder and set it on the table, Jana clenched the fist he had sitting on the seat beneath the table. He didn't want to get in trouble again after the two days of isolation Tommy couldn't get him out of for attacking Domino again. Granted, it was supposed to be a full week, so he was grateful, but he couldn't go back again. He wouldn't be able to keep from hurting himself, straight jacket or not.

Staring the blond-haired, brown-eyed man down across from him, Jana knew that he would have to bite his tongue and keep his fists from flying if he wanted to accomplish his goal.

"So, part of the deal where you only got two days in isolation is that you talk to me. While I have sent several requests through your guard, they've all come back negative. That has led me to come and seek you out. Jana, I'm only going to say this once, as I need to get back to my job, and while you were notably an important inmate to my little brother, you are just like everyone else in this prison to me. I offered to see you as a favor to his memory, in order to make your punishment easier on you. If you would like to meet right now in one of the side rooms or in the infirmary, as it's my lunch hour, then we can do that. If you refuse again, I have to report it and you will likely need to finish off your full week of solitary."

Leaning back in his seat, Jana felt his whole body shake on the inside. He was angry. Furious, that the man who wore such a similar face to his Emmet, treated him in such a way. Yet, he could do little against him. If he refused to talk, he went to isolation again. If he did talk, he'd probably try to kill himself when he got back to his cell.

"Fine." He said before getting up, leaving the apple on the table.

The man was smart and hurried to his feet, then turned and lead Jana from the quiet lunch room. Before the door had even closed behind them he could hear people beginning to talk about what had just happened. They were always hungry for gossip, but lucky for them, they knew when to keep their mouths shut... which was basically any time Jana was around.

"Alright, we'll just go in here." The man in front of him said as he stopped near a door and, after taking out a set of keys and unlocking it, stepped inside.

Jana slipped inside through the door the man held open, then moved to the far corner and stood, leaning back against the wall and crossing his arms over his chest. The doctor eyed him for a moment, then moved around the metal table and took the seat that was supposed to have been Jana's.

"Alright. I know you hate talking so we'll get this done fast. First, my name is Christopher. I told your guard that I would escort you back, too, whether you agreed to talk or not, so you don't have to worry about him looking for you."