Chapter Three: The Rescue Party

Harry sat on his bed anxiously as he waited. He looked at his alarm clock again for the third time in five minutes and saw that they were late. Which was wierd because the Order was known for being puntual, if not early, to everything. It was rather odd. Harry considered just leaving and taking the Knight Bus to Grimmauld Place, but no-one would be happy with him if he did so he just resigned himself to waiting.

When Remus had stayed over the first night back he had had to leave early to make sure that he was not caught, they didn't know the exact time that the Dursley's would come back. Since then Harry hadn't had any contact with anyone outside. The last thing Remus had said to him was,
"I'll come and get you, I promise" and then had kissed him goodbye. Harry held on to that promise, it was the only thing that kept him together and allowed him to endure his uncle's beatings. The idea that Remus would be here as soon as he could gave him the comfort nothing else could.

It was half an hour later that there was a sound from downstairs. Harry's heart leapt as he got up and opened his door. He has his wand clenched in his hand out of habit, constant vigilance as Mad-Eye would say. He got to the top of the stairs and sure enough there was Tonks righting the plant pot that she had knocked. She looked up and saw him standing there and her face suddenly had a very large grin slapped on it.
"Harry!" She exclaimed. He walked down the stairs and he saw other Order members around. Kingsley was inspecting the microwave.
"There you are Potter, right let's get out of here" Harry nearly missed Mad-Eye's words as he was busy looking around for the one person he couldn't see. Remus wasn't there. Where was he, he had promised.
"Tonks, where's Remus?" He asked the young auror who had silently stepped up next to him. A troubled look flitted across her face but it was gone not a second after it had appeared.
"Why do you ask Harry?" A deep voice said from behind him, he looked round to see that Kingsley had seemingly finished trying to figure out the microwave.
"He just said he would be here that's all, so just was wondering where he was." Harry said as calmly as he could. Where was he?
"Don't worry Harry, Remus can look after himself." Tonks put in. Bill Weasley who was stood near the door nodded,
"Yeah let's just get you back to Grimmauld, where's your trunk?" Harry pointed up the stairs and Bill went to fetch it. Harry didn't understand why they weren't answering his question.
***
Harry apparated alongside Tonks once Bill had retrieved his trunk from his room. He continued to ask where Remus was but no-one was answering. So once they were stood outside of Grimmauld Place he was extremely worried. He walked up the front steps and he put his hand on the doorknob, he could feel the magic tingling his skin. Harry took a deep breath and readied himself for what was about to come. He opened the door.