Chapter Nine: A ghost from the past with a reliable source.

Sirius paced the small room. It felt as if he had been in here waiting for ever, but he didn't really know how long it had been. His contact had sent him a message the day before saying that he had useful information. Sirius was a bit sceptical as the person had brought him useless information before and their history was a bit rocky. Who was he kidding, their history together was damn right awful but he had to save Remus.

So here he was waiting for a man he knew to be untrustworthy but he was trusting him anyway. Azkaban must have damaged him more than he thought. Before he could continue in that direction the door creaked open slowly on its rusted hinges. And there stood a man Sirius thought he would never see again.

Regulus Black.

His brother and former enemy walked into the room and stopped a few paces in front of Sirius. The older Black brother looked at him. They hadn't seen each other in half a year and still Sirius couldn't get over how good Reg looked. Regulus was living in Liechtenstein as a muggle and apparently life wasn't too bad for him.
"Hey.' Reg said cautiously. Sirius licked his lips.
"Hey Reg, how you been?" He asked, even though their past hadn't exactly been the greatest, Regulus was still his brother. The younger Black smiled at the topic.
"Yeah Liechtenstein is great, I've got a job in a small village to the south." He explained, eager to talk about his new home. Sirius was glad his brother was happy.
"That's good to know Reg. I'm glad you're happy." Regulus frowned and Sirius knew he had said something wrong.
"Well it's not all that great is it. My brother's still here in danger of being killed." Sirius winced and looked down at the floor, however he looked up again quickly.
"Listen I'd love to go back with you but I can't, Harry is here and Remus." Sirius felt his heart go tight at the mention of his best friend's name. Reg noticed.
"Speaking of Lupin..." he said and he switched the conversation over to the information he had.

                            ***
"Right then listen up!" Sirius called to the assembled order members. Everyone hushed as he spoke. "Remus is in the house that belonged to Riddle's grandfather. I'm surprised that the place is still standing but we have good sources that say that's where he is. Probably in the basement but we can't be too sure at the moment." He finished and indicated for Kingsley to step forward.
"We know that there's probably about ten Death Eaters in the house and there's fourteen of us. It means we just about out number them, if we stick to the plan then everything should be fine." The assembled members all nodded, they knew the drill stick: to the plan and don't get killed.
Sirius looked around. These were all good people and looking at their determined faces he knew that the mission would be a success, well it had to be.

                            ***
Sirius met Harry in the kitchen just before they had to leave.
"So then tonight huh?" Harry asked knowing full well that tonight was the night where he would either have Remus back or they would have another body to bury. Sirius nodded.
"It has to be tonight Haz." He said softly.
"I know, full moon tomorrow." Harry just stared at the floor and Sirius knew that the boy was nearly crying or perhaps already was. He brought his godson into his arms for a tight hug.
"Listen, he's alive and we both know it." He said soothingly "you would have felt it if he had died." Harry nodded and Sirius realised that he front of his shirt was wet. "Me and Kings, we're going in there and we are bringing Remus out alive and back to you ok. Voldemort has made you suffer enough and I'll be damned if I let him take Moony from you as well." Sirius said fiercly, he wouldn't let himself doubt. Harry stepped away and wiped his eyes. In a determined but shaky voice he started
"Promise me something Sirius."
"Anything." Sirius wasn't quite sure what he was promising but he knew he would do anything he could to stop this boy's pain.
"Promise me, if you get there too late, if there's nothing you can do, you come back to me. I know how you are, you'll want revenge but I don't think I could handle it if they came back without Remus and you. I know its selfish but I need you. If I lose him I can't lose you too." Sirius looked into haunted emerald eyes that used to be so bright.
"I promise."

Note:
Liechtenstein is a tiny country in Europe sandwiched between Switzerland and Austria. I had to include it somewhere in here because I just love it.