Chapter Eight: Running out of Time

Remus had to admit that it is wasn't the greatest pain he had felt, he was a werewolf for Merlin's sake, but it still hurt like a bitch. Johnsonn poked him with the iron poker in the side and Remus hissed through his teeth. The werewolf was surprised that Voldemort had stopped with the cruciatious curse after the first week; at least he thought it was a week. He had lost track of the days he had been down here. Voldemort had obviously figured out that the curse was only half as effective on werewolves than it was for regular humans. But Remus was even more surprised that it was muggle torture the Death Eaters had started using to try and break him. In truth, he was expecting someone to come through the door with silver at any moment, but so far no one had. In fact the only silver he had encountered while being held captive was that on Lucius Malfoy's boots, he had gotten some painful burns on his stomach from them. But other than that there was no silver, only muggle things.

There were actually only two things on his mind at the moment. The first was Harry, his thoughts were nearly always about him, he never really thought about anything else these days. Well he didn't really have much to think about down here chained up by his wrists and escape wasn't really on his mind seeing as he wasn't even in good enough condition to stand on his own, escaping wouldn't really be possible at the moment. The second thing on his mind actually scared him a bit. After years of being a werewolf, he had had plenty of time to get used to the idea that the full moon would come once a month and its not likely to go away anytime soon, but this time is different. The full moon would rise in just under two weeks. With his weakened condition and exhausted state, it didn't look good. During his transformation his whole anatomy would change therefore aggregating the injuries he had and anyway he may not even have the energy to even go through the change, he knew the obvious outcome either way.

Just as his thoughts were turning really grim the door opened and Malfoy once again walked in. It was not uncommon for the man to come in every so often and watch the torture or try and get Remus to change his mind about giving them information.
"You'll be pleased to hear that the Dark Lord has changed his mind. Of you give up the location of the Potter boy we will let you go and even spare you in the final battle, if there is one." Remus could have scoffed at the words.
"You think I'm going to tell you where to find him." He said hoarsely. Malfoy almost smiled.
"Well yes I rather think you will." Remus laughed a little.
"So then you're not just insane, you're dim as well. Then again, we figured that out ages ago." Malfoy didn't look pleased by his words. The Death Eater took out his wand and waved it, the chains released their hold on Remus and he fell to the floor. He gave a small cry as all his injuries were jostled at once when he hit the stone floor. Malfoy loomed over him and kicked his side to he was lying on his back. He then placed his boot clad foot on Remus's stomach and pressed down on badly injured ribs. He increased pressure until Remus was breathing more heavily and his face was contorting in pain. He then removed the boot and left without another word. Remus was left there on the floor.