Chapter Six: Lets find Lupin

It had been two weeks since Harry arrived at Grimmauld Place and there was still no sign of Remus. There was only one thing he was thankful for at the moment and that was the fact that it had been the full moon three days before Remus had disappeared, at least he wasn't ripping himself apart just yet. Harry had been confined to the house as it was too dangerous for him to leave. He wanted to go and search; not that there was much searching going on. No one seemed bothered and those few that did go out didn't bring anything back. It seemed to Harry that Dumbledore didn't care much that one of his best was missing; that his Remus was missing.

Harry stayed in Remus' room all the time, only came out for food and then he didn't even eat in the kitchen he took it upstairs and left it outside the door when he was finished. Everybody was worried about him and had no idea what to do to get him out of his miserable mood. Ron and Hermione were doing their best to try and get him out of that room but he refused to speak to even them and they could usually lift his mood matter how bad he was feeling. They didn't even know why he was being so miserable, it wasn't like he was close to Lupin, was it? Nobody but his godfather knew how much Remus' disappearance was effecting him.

Sirius was also having a hard time. Remus was his best friend, and the only person who knew what it was like for him to be confined to this wretched house. But what was hurting him the most was that Harry was upset. Before he left, Remus had told him that Harry was really looking forward to spending time at Grimmauld Place with him and his godfather but now obviously he couldn't. He could imagine how Harry was feeling and that feeling wasn't good. He decided to do something about it.

He went to find Kingsley. The big auror was talking quietly with Tonks in the corner of the dining room after the most recent Order meeting had finished. As he walked over he could see Tonks excuse herself.
"Alright Kingsley?" He asked as he reached the man.
"Yes Sirius how's Harry I haven't seen him tonight?" Kingsley said in his impossibly low tone. Sirius shook his head.
"I don't know what to do. He spends all his time upstairs and hardly ever comes out. He won't speak to anyone, he doesn't even respond to Padfoot pawing at the door." He explained. Kingsley looked a little puzzled.
"Doesn't speak to anyone? Not even Ron, I thought they shared a room. Don't they?" Again Sirius shook his head,
"Well I wasn't going to tell you this but with the way things have gone you're probably going to find out eventually. I'm telling you this is strict confidence ok Kings, no-one is to know understand?" Kingsley nodded and when he did Sirius stepped closer and lowered his voice. "Remus found his mate a couple of years ago, and it's Harry." Kingsley looked at him there was nothing on his face giving away what he was thinking.
"Is that why Harry is acting like you said?" The man asked and Sirius nodded.
"Yeah obviously Harry loves Remus so it's understandable that he would be upset but as I understand it since the two of them have found each other and bonded they've never been apart like this before. I think it's having a really big effect on him." Kingsley was a little perplexed,
"What do you mean, you said Remus found out about his mate years ago?" Kingsley asked.
"Remus confessed everything to me a couple of days before he disappeared when I figured out there was something up between them. He said he'd known for years but didn't want to tell Harry. Then Harry confessed to him last year that he had felt something for him since his third year when they first met and he marked him as his for life. Now I don't know much about it but from what Remus has told me about werewolves, they can't be away from their mates for very long. So during Harry's school year they met up in the Shrieking Shack." Now Kingsley looked as if he understood.
"So the reason Harry isn't coming out of that room is because Lupin has disappeared?" Sirius nodded. "Well then, we have to find him then."