Cry baby

A little back story on my house it was built around 1814, in an old French quarter inspired neighborhood that has been established since 1749. The model of my home is based on an old British Victorian style brick home, which stands out among French inspired Chateau styled homes that line my historic street with that being said it has also been remodeled plenty of times over. When I first moved into the house it needed a lot of work --it looked like it was stuck in the 1970's. So, I decided to invest in remodeling the home yet again to bring my home into the millennium. That's when things started to happen I'd lived peacefully in my home for two years without incident. I think the construction workers might have disturbed something within the walls of this old house during the renovations. I don't know exactly what they did but whatever it was leads me to the very morning of my day off, it was supposed to go smoothly and without a hitch. Instead, horror ensued....The day started off harmless enough, I knew I would have the day off from work and I could relax and catch up on rest. I actually had time to make myself a great breakfast. I had planned on a day of snacking and staying in my pj's all day long, I work very hard so it was much deserved. After I stuffed my face and washed my dishes I headed back to my bedroom and turned on the television. I was laughing along to the laugh track of one of my favorite shows when a whimpering sound ranged out in the air. Mind you I am single, with NO children and no pets but this whimper sounded like the beginning of an infant's cry. I turned the television down to get a better listen but heard nothing. I proceeded to carry on with my day, soon after I feel asleep. About an 1 hour into my nap I hear a loud cry, it was unmistakable this time it was clearly an infant's cry. It startled me, I awoke with a racing heart and sat straight up in my bed. I didn't have the courage to walk down the hallway to see where the sound was coming from. All I know is that I have a three bedroom house: I'm in the master bedroom, the second room is akin to a walk in closet setup and the third room is an empty guest room. I heard it that one time and haven't heard it since. To this day--I still wonder who the baby is, why was it crying, and what did it want!Creepy!