Creepy home alone story that happened to me

This happened to me 7 years ago. I'm 20 years old now. My parents were away from home for a family emergency. I am the only child and whenever my parents left and I stayed home I usually didn't get scared. It was the third night by myself, I was playing video games and eating junk food and then I just hear a knock on the door. I was wondering who could be knocking on someone's door at a late time like this. I could see the man peeping though the small glass windows surrounding the door. I could hear yelling he was saying I'm really hurt please let me come in. I said what's wrong he said he had broken his foot. This seemed kind of weird to me. I asked how did he break his foot he told me he was taking a walk around the neighborhood and had tripped and his foot landed in an odd way. He was begging me and screaming telling me if he gets really hurt he's gonna sue me for not helping him. I said I would call up an ambulance for him and told him to wait outside. After I said that he said if u don't let me in I'll slit ur throat and cut all ur body parts in half. As soon as he said that I grabbed my dads shotgun he keeps on the highest shelf in the kitchen and the phone to call the police. I told the man the police are on their way. He told me they won't make it in time. He was trying to bust open my dining room window. By the way he was hitting it it looked like it was about to break. I quickly ran upstairs into my room and decided to hide under my bed. I called the cops and the operator told me they would be there in a couple minutes. As soon as the operator said that I heard the window break. He must have found a big rock in my front yard. I could hear him checking all the rooms downstairs. Then I heard him coming up the stairs. He checked my parents bedroom and the closet. Them I heard him trying to open my door. I gripped the shotgun tightly in my hand and waited for him to break down the door. He was now kicking it was hard as he could. In just a couple hits he knocked it down. I could see his feet he tried to open the closet door in my room which I had locked purposely to confuse him. He said I know ur in there. I was wondering should I should his leg or try to sneak past him and run out. I wouldn't be able to sneak out without making some kind of noise. At that moment I had forgot I was under a bed and went up and hit my head making a very loud noise. The man had quickly turned around. He said ohhhhh trying to be a smart ass with me uh. Then I heard sirens as soon as he said that. He said ohhh fuck u got lucky this time but u won't the next. He tried to run quickly out of my room but I grabbed his right foot making him fall very hard to the ground. I was holding it with all my might I heard the police rushing up the stairs and they got hold of the man. I came out with my shotgun and the police were pointing guns at me now. I quickly explained everything and the police understood. Apparently they found the mans van parked in front of my house. He had many sharp knifes, duct tape, a camera, and rope. I couldn't have imagined what he would have done to me if I hadn't thought to lock that closet door. The police called my parents and told them what happened they came home 3 days earlier and my mom hugged me very tightly and so did my dad. My mom told me the man had been sentenced to 15 years with a chance of getting parole. We moved from that house a month later and I had lots of nightmares about it. It took me a long time to get back to normal. I never stayed a night alone until I moved out of my parents house. And I have 3 guns in my house just to be extra safe if anything like that ever happens again.