Chapter 4

It was really late at night and Emma frantically pounded on Regina's door. She didn't feel safe from Hook, and was worried about what he might do to Regina after she spilled the truth.

The lights flicked on and Regina quickly opened the door.  "Emma? What's wrong?!"

"It's Hook, I ran into him and we had another fight. He will not leave me alone and I do not feel safe at the moment. Can I retake that offer to spend the night?"

Regina nodded, and moved away from the door for her to come inside. "The guest bedroom is all set up so just make yourself at home."

Emma nodded, but wished it was Regina's room that she could stay in. She knew she wasn't going to be getting much sleep tonight. "Thanks Regina. Any rules I should know about?"

"As long as it's kept clean I really don't have anything else. I have never really had company before."

"Really?" Emma beamed. "Not even Robin?"

"He doesn't feel comfortable living in this house.  He says he prefers the forest."

"So when it gets more serious are you going to go to the forest?" Emma laughed not being able to picture Regina being happy sleeping on the ground floor of a tent.

"What in the world are you laughing at?"

"I'm sorry, it's just... I really can't picture you living the way he does."

"Well, you are right about that." Regina yawned.

"You should get to bed, Regina. I'm sorry for waking you up."

"It's quite alright, I am just glad to know you're safe." She lightly squeezed Emma's arm.

Emma smiled, and nodded "Well, I am going to go up to the bedroom."

"Goodnight, Regina." She smiled and quickly headed to the room.

------

The next morning Regina woke up to the smell of coffee.  Regina walked downstairs only to find the blonde sitting on the counter swinging her legs and drinking a cup of coffee.

At first, Regina thought that was the most annoying thing in the world, and was going to snap at Emma, but backed down when she realized she didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

Upon seeing Regina walk into the room Emma hoped off the counter almost as if she could read Regina's mind. "Good morning." She handed Regina a cup of coffee.

"You look exhausted," Regina stated matter of factly.

"I couldn't sleep."

"Maybe we could practice some more magic so you can better protect yourself against Hook, if he decided to try anything."

"He wouldn't hurt me."

Regina gave Emma a look.

"He knows if he hurt me that he would have no chance with me at all. I don't think he would risk that."

"Regardless, we still need to practice some magic, Emma."

A knock sounded on the door and Regina sighed. She wasn't used to this many people coming to her house.

She opened the door and saw Robin standing there.

"Why haven't you been answering my texts, Regina?"

Regina sighed. "I was helping Emma with something."

"Right, well, I just dropped Henry off at school. We had some quality time last. night, he's a good kid."

Regina smiled and hugged Robin tightly. "Thank you for doing that, Henry enjoys spending time with you."

Upon seeing the two Emma sighed and started to head out of the door.

"Emma, wait, where are you going?" Regina asked.

"I should get going to work...Lots of people breaking the law, and stuff, ya know." She looked to Robin and nodded, "Good morning."

Robin returned the greeting and went back to giving Regina his attention.

Regina smiled at Emma, "Will I see you later?"

"If you want to." Emma turned around not letting Robin or Regina see the smile that spread across her face, and headed away from the house.  Yes, she was in love.