Chapter 17

Regina was supposed to meet Robin at Grannie's the next day.  Her and Emma thought it would be best to go together and tell him everything. 

Emma really wanted to hold Regina's hand as they walked there, but she didn't want to be seen until Robin knew what was going on.

Regina kept looking over at Emma worried. "Em, he's going to be so upset."

"Regina," Emma nudged her softly. "I'm here for you it's all going to be ok."

Regina nodded and sighed as they approached Grannie's.

"You ready?" Emma asked.

Regina nodded and they walked inside.

"Surprise!!!!!!!!!" Everyone shouted from inside Grannie's.

Regina was stunned and looked at Emma who stood back as her parents came over to her.

"What's this?" Regina asked and Robin stood up walking over to where she was standing and wrapped a possessive arm around her.

"A congratulations for our marriage, love." He kissed her softly and Roland ran over to her wrapping her in a hug. Regina looked back towards Emma who was talking to her parents. Emma looked heartbroken.

"We were trying to get a hold of you, to invite you, but you didn't answer your phone." Snow said.

Emma looked over to Regina who was busy with Robin and Roland. She saw her scoop him up and give him a big kiss on the cheek. Henry walked over to Emma.

"Yeah, uh, Regina was helping me with magic."

"Mom," Henry said to Emma. He was really unhappy about this.

"Hey," Emma replied and wrapped him in a hug. "Let's go congratulate your mother."

They both walked over to the group and Regina couldn't even look at Emma. She was still holding Roland, and finally Henry spoke.

"Congratulations mom," He wrapped her in a hug, but sighed when she hugged him back.

"Emma, I'm glad you could make it." Robin walked over.

"Uh, yes, congratulations Robin. You're really lucky." Emma looked to Regina and Regina lowered her eyes. Even Hook was there.  Emma watched in horror as he approached them. 

"Congratulations, Regina and Robin!" He smirked at Emma, and took a sip of his drink.  "Can I speak to you alone, Love?"

Emma nodded and they stepped outside, Regina was fuming. 

"Something wrong Regina? You've been so quiet."

"It's nothing Robin, I just thought we would be telling everyone together."

"Oh, I should have included you, I'm sorry.  I just wanted to surprise you."

"It was definitely a surprise." Regina kissed him softly.

Back outside, Hook turned to Emma.  "What the hell?"

"What do you mean?"

"You bloody well know what I mean!  How come you haven't told him yet?!"

"We have been trying!! I came with Regina today to tell him with her so she didn't have to do it alone, and now we're both thrown a little off guard with the surprise!" She huffed and crossed her arms to comfort herself.  Her heart was breaking. "And now, I'm sure Regina is even more confused."

"Well, if she really loves you Emma she will choose you."

Emma hugged Hook, but as soon as she did Regina stepped outside, furious. 

"What's going on?!"

Emma sprang apart from Hook.

"Nothing Regina.  We were just talking.  Shouldn't you be inside?"

"I needed some fresh air."  She glared at Hook, "And what are you doing with my girlfriend?"  Regina crossed her arms.

"Wait, what?" Emma asked.

"Perhaps I should let you ladies talk."