Chapter 6

"What?  You're spying on me?!" Emma asked.

"No, Dear.  There is a spell I cast on Hook to alert whenever he is near you."

"Why?  I can take care of myself."

"Well, what if you can't....."

"Well, I--- Don't have to worry about that any more, apparently because you'll always be there," Emma huffed.

"Exactly," Regina smiled.

Emma looked at her skeptically and could have sworn she saw admiration and love in Regina's eyes.

Just then Robin walked through the door and Emma stood up quickly unlocking eyes with Regina.  Regina turned around and hugged him tightly.

Jealousy burned inside her.

"Good afternoon, Emma," Robin said.

Emma nodded in return not feeling like being friendly to Robin.  Emma looked to Regina wondering why he was here.

As if Regina could read what Emma was thinking she responded, "We're going to grab a bite to eat, you want to come?"

"I think I will pass."

"You sure?  My treat."

Robin Hood smiled and took Regina's hand and looked at Emma, "We haven't really had a chance to talk."

"Yeah, well I have been kind of busy," Emma snapped.

Regina could sense the tension and asked Robin to step outside.  He nodded and exited the building.

"Emma, I know you don't have anything going on.  Come on, it will be fun.  Plus, I kind of need a distraction from Robin....." She lightly grabbed her arm.  She knew she was being persuasive.

Emma blushed a deep shade of red and felt like she couldn't say no, "O-ok..." She stumbled.  "I suppose I could use a break."

----

They went to Grannies, and Emma totally forgot about Ruby.  She felt anger starting in her chest, and sat down across from Regina and Robin.

Ruby smirked at the trio and went over to ask what their order was.  Emma glared at her.  "What can I get you guys?"

"I will do whiskey on the rocks, Regina here will take a glass of your finest champagne and--" He looked to Emma.

"I will have a Long Island please."  She really needed something strong to get her through this night. 

"I will put those orders in right away."  She spun around and hoped over to the bar to get their drinks started.

"So....Emma."  Robin said.  "Anything new happening in town?"

Emma sighed.  She really didn't want to talk to him.  She looked at Regina who was glowing with happiness that her true love, and best friend were there.  She looked back to Robin and stated, "it's been pretty quiet lately."

"Well, that's a good thing, right?"

Emma shrugged.  "Usually just seems to mean that the evil in town are stirring up a plan, waiting for the perfect moment."

Regina laughed because she knew it was true.  It made Emma smile.

"So, I guess that's not good then?"

"Of course not."

Their drinks came, and Ruby asked "So what would you like to eat?"

"I will have a cheeseburger and fries." Regina chimed in.

"Honey, maybe you'd be better off with a salad?"  Robin squeezed her arm.

Emma couldn't believe it.  She knew he was an asshole, but she really didn't think he was that big of an asshole.

Regina nodded and frowned.  Emma looked up at Ruby, "two cheeseburgers and a large fry."  Regina smiled up at Emma.

"What are you doing?" Robin asked.

"Getting the lady what she wants."

Robin took a drink from his whiskey and nodded, "very well..."

Emma proudly smiled and Robin just ordered the salad.

It was pretty silent until the food came.  Robin just kept glaring over at Emma, and Emma did the same which made Regina feel a little uncomfortable.

"I am going to go to the ladies room." Regina stated. 

Emma and Robin nodded.  Staying in silence some more. 

After a while, Regina seemed to be taking a long time, "I think I'm going to go check on her."

"No, I will." Robin huffed.

"You're a guy,  you're not allowed in the woman's bathroom." Emma rolled her eyes.

"Oh, right."  Robin nodded, and stayed put.

Emma got up and went to the bathroom, "Regina?"

Regina was dabbing her eyes with some Kleenex and turned to look at Emma.  "What is it Em?"

"Everything ok?"

"I'm fine." Regina lied.  Emma gave her a look knowing it was a lie. 

"Look, I'm sorry about my attitude.  I will try to be nicer to him."

"It's not you, Emma."

"You want me to put something in his drink to make him pass out?"

Regina laughed, she would like that actually, "Emma, it's fine, really."

"Well, it doesn't seem fine."  Emma put a piece of hair behind Regina's ear.

Regina looked at her confused and took a step back.  "What are you doing?!"

Emma immediately regretted her action.  "Nothing!"

Out of no where, Regina pinned Emma to the bathroom wall and kissed her passionately.