Chapter 14

Emma was spooning Regina and kissed her shoulder softly. "We need to figure out what is going on between us."

Regina smiled and turned to look at her lovingly and cupped her cheek. "I have feelings for you, Emma, but I don't want to hurt Robin."

"Well, either way, someone's going to get hurt."

Regina nodded. "Yeah, I know. I still think I need more time."

Emma sighed, "The longer you wait the worse it is going to be for Robin and Roland."

"You're right." Regina leaned in and gave Emma a soft kiss.

Emma smiled, "I am always right.". Emma winked.

"I just don't know how I am going to tell him."

Emma ran her fingers through Regina's hair. "It will be ok, I will protect you, and I will also be here for you."

"What about Hook?"

"He already knows how I feel about you."

"What?!" Regina was a little stunned. "How does he know? Why does he know? How could you trust him?"

"It's ok Regina, he is not going to tell anyone. He made me a promise. He's kept his word so far."

"I can't believe you told him!" Regina huffed and got out of bed, but Emma quickly got out of bed and wrapped her arms around her waist from behind.

Regina relaxed into Emma.

"You need to trust me, Regina."

"I already do."

Emma gave her a look, "Well then. It's all going to be ok."

"How about this? You can be with a Robin for as long as it takes," she kissed the back of Regina's neck.  "And I will be here for you when everything falls apart?" She kissed the back of Regina's neck again.

Regina sighed, she wanted to be with Emma.  "But I would be cheating on him."

"You already are."  Emma smiled softly and Regina turned around to look in Emma's eyes. 

"I don't think Robin will let me go without a fight."

"Well, then he can bring it."  Emma smiled and leaned into kiss her again.

Regina's stomach grew with butterflies as she pressed her lips lovingly into Emma's. 

"I'll be here to protect you, always."